1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Super Moderator
3,850 Posts
I have 4 of these, 2 birds in each, I have not had any issues with them. It can be a bit challenging putting them together, it's good to have an extra set of hands to help hold as you line up things during assembly. It comes with a couple of dowel perches so you may want to replace or add other perches to the cage. I also do not use the feed cups supplied, I bought others. There are spring loaded doors on the side that you should fasten shut because it is possible for a bird to push it open and you would not want a head to get stuck, these are all minor things easily dealt with. Both of the links in your post have great prices for this cage but make sure about shipping charges if any, sometimes a cheap item price gets not so cheap when you add shipping costs. Some people have had issues with damage in shipping but you won't know if that will be the same for you until you receive it. How many birds are you thinking of keeping in the cage?

·
Administrator
56,543 Posts
Hi, Mark -

I have several of the F040 Prevue Hendryx Flight Cages and a couple of the F050 Flight Cages as well and if I were looking to get additional cages those are definitely my choice.

Cody has provided you with excellent information about the cages. I put all of mine together by myself, but it definitely would have been easier with two people. :001_tongue:

Using natural wood perches rather than the dowel perches is best in order to prevent pressure sores.
Definitely make sure you secure the spring loaded side doors for your budgie's safety.

Essentials for a Great Cage

Clips for Spring Load Side Door Security

·
Administrator
56,543 Posts
How many budgies would be happy in this cage?
I wouldn't put more than 6 in the F040 and no more than 8 in the F050.

I have two F050's and 4 of my budgies sleep in one and 2 sleep in the other.

I have two F040's in a different room each and one lovebird sleeps alone in each of them.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.