Talk Budgies Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Member of the Month
2,772 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Heeeeee's here! Please welcome Caspir ( hmmmm, wonder where that name came from :rolleyes: .) I'm thinking about naming him Caspir or Vegas.

I'm pretty certain that he is indeed a he. His cere is very purple with the lightest blue around his nostrils. He's fluffed and has a little bit of a dirty vent. I'm contributing that to stress as the pet store just got him in Friday night. I am figuring his age to be about 8 to 10 weeks. Check out those baby bars. :D

They had another one very similar in color and about 3/4 the size... a beautiful little girl. She had such an outgoing, playful personality. If she had been a he, I would've gotten her. Anyway... pictures. Please comment on sex, age and his mutation. He's a true sweetheart. He's already found a spot in my heart.

Edit: His poo is mostly liquid now. Should I give him water with a bit of apple juice?

·
Budgie Researcher
2,315 Posts
He's GORGEOUS!!! I adore him!!! Love those baby bars :loveeyes: I'd also estimate his age to be about 8-10 weeks... has he started losing any feathers yet? Theodore lost his first yesterday :crying: Don't want him to molt off his baby bars yet!! I think you're right about him being male, but as for mutation, all I can say is that I think he's recessive pied? (Sorry, I'm rubbish at mutations :rolleyes:)

·
Member of the Month
2,772 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Coco. :D I don't know yet if he's losing feathers. I hope not. He has enough to worry about at this time. :(

·
Registered
642 Posts
Caspir would be an awesome name lol:), he's got great colors, especially his lower back.
Looks male, great new budgie congratulations.:cheers:

·
Member of the Month
2,772 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Caspir would be an awesome name lol:), he's got great colors, especially his lower back.
Looks male, great new budgie congratulations.:cheers:
Thanks Felix. It took me long enough to get him. :p

·
Member of the Month
2,772 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hes beautiful! :D
Watch his tail, it looks to be pointed down.. as for mutation, I'm not sure :eek: He looks male to me! :)
Thanks Bethany. What does a pointed down tail mean?

·
Registered
7,174 Posts
WOW a very beautiful bird indeed!!! Congrats Kay and JayJay :) Casper is gorgeous :)
He is a sky blue recessive pied. His face looks identical to BonBon's by the way. I can never resist the faces of recessive pieds with their big black eyes :D
Edit: A tail pointed down can mean he is scared or is having health problems specifically with breathing.

·
Member of the Month
2,772 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
WOW a very beautiful bird indeed!!! Congrats Kay and JayJay :) Casper is gorgeous :)
He is a sky blue recessive pied. His face looks identical to BonBon's by the way. I can never resist the faces of recessive pieds with their big black eyes :D
Edit: A tail pointed down can mean he is scared or is having health problems specifically with breathing.
Huh, what did you say, Zeena?? He looks like who?? BonBon?? HAHAHAHAHA I wonder why? :p

He is waaaaay scared. His poo has turned to water and he's all fluffed up. Couldn't it be from stress?

·
<3
4,275 Posts
oh and i forgot now we both have birds named Casper :)

·
Member of the Month
2,772 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
oh and i forgot now we both have birds named Casper :)
Yeah, we sure do, Cassidy. :cool:

Is he still considered sky blue with that teal color on his back?

·
Member of the Month
2,772 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
This is a picture of TC. We were pretty much two peas in a pod. He passed away this past July 4th. His coloring is similar to Caspir's I thought. :)

·
Member of the Month
2,772 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·

·
Registered
770 Posts
I'm so happy for you that you found that special little budgie you have been looking for. Did he come from Petsmart? He is absolutely gorgeous! I love that light teal color.

·
Member of the Month
2,772 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I'm so happy for you that you found that special little budgie you have been looking for. Did he come from Petsmart? He is absolutely gorgeous! I love that light teal color.
Thanks earlybird. I had no luck this morning. I'm going to need you to make me a new siggy. :D

He came from PetSupermarket. They get in babies every other Friday. They have a better selection. Here, Petsmart budgies get fairly old because they rarely get babies in. And I wanted a young baby. However, JayJay came from Petsmart. :)

1 - 20 of 35 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.