Talk Budgies Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Just a little introduction…..This is our little friend. Went to the pet store in March and picked the saddest one out. He was sitting by himself as the others were talking away. Took him home and he was quiet for the first two months. He had his wings clipped and I think that was the issue and was older. He came out and I used a wooden cook spoon to get him back in the cage and he still uses that to this day. I havent gotten him to get on my finger yet. He will let me scratch his beard, so he’s not frightened of me. He's a character and talks and dances all day. It’s a work in progress, but he has definitely brightened up our days. He has a radio playing with happy hits. 😊 He is still unsure with lettuce but I always give it to him in his bowl. I think he likes celery or he throws it out,but its moved 🤣
Bird Plant Window Beak Parrot

·
Registered
37 Posts
Hello! Welcome to talkbudgies. You came to the right place for budgie anything. This forum is super helpful with information, polite and even fun! Can't wait to see more of your little lad around here. He looks so sweet, it's always the forgotten, too small or lonely that always surprise you with their personalities. :)

·
Super Moderator
About that…
1,485 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hello! Welcome to talkbudgies. You came to the right place for budgie anything. This forum is super helpful with information, polite and even fun! Can't wait to see more of your little lad around here. He looks so sweet, it's always the forgotten, too small or lonely that always surprise you with their personalities. :)
Thats true. We just love to hear him talk and watch him dance with his head bobbing up and down as if he were at a rock concert! Too cute ! I think he has become my therapy bird.😊

·
Registered
37 Posts
Thats true. We just love to hear him talk and watch him dance with his head bobbing up and down as if he were at a rock concert! Too cute ! I think he has become my therapy bird.😊
That's adorable! I'm sure he enjoys watching you too. I'm a firm believer that companions are nourishing to the soul, no matter what species. I did recently read an interesting paper about anxiety induced panic attacks and bird song being a good method to help someone recover or prevent such episodes! Don't you just love the head bobs? They're so full of beans sometimes haha.

·
Super Moderator
20,175 Posts
Hello and welcome to the forums!

You've come to a great place to learn even more about the best practices for budgie care!

Your sweet little boy is adorable. I'm glad to hear he's settled in well and it seems like he's having a lovely time with you and your family.

Please be sure to read though the forums' many articles and stickies, many of which have been provided above, to ensure you're up to date on everything. If you have any questions after doing so, please be sure to ask as we'd love to help.

We hope to see you and your little one around! 👋

·
Administrator
60,630 Posts
The purpose of this forum is to promote the BEST PRACTICES in the care of budgies for their optimal Health and Well-Being
Locating an Avian Veterinarian

Thank you for choosing Kiwi and giving him a safe and loving home.
He obviously needed someone like you to care for him.

A Healthy Diet for your Budgie
Quality Seed Mix
CuttleBones, Mineral Blocks and Manu Clay Roses
Safe Foods for Budgies
The Truth about GRIT

Please take the time to read through the Site Guidelines, the FAQs, the Budgie Articles and all of the Stickies located at the top of each section of the forum.
Additionally, please be sure to read the thread "Posting on the Forums" which is linked below.

Truly, the very BEST advice anyone can offer you is to take the time to read ALL of the stickies throughout the various Talk Budgie forums as well as the Budgie Articles we have posted.
(Stickies are threads “stuck” at the top of each forum sub-section)
These are great resources for Talk Budgie members and have a wealth of reliable information which will assist you to learn the best practices in caring for your budgies for their optimal health and well-being.

SITE GUIDELINES
Posting on the Forums
Let's Talk Budgies!
FAQ
Articles
Be Prepared for Veterinary Care Expense
Avian First Aid
Quarantine - Is it Really that Important?
Quarantine Your Birds
A Heartfelt Plea to All Members
Tips For Discouraging Breeding
Before You Ever Consider Breeding Your Budgies
Guidance for Breeding Advice Threads
Cage sizes.
Essentials to a Great Cage
Dangers to Pet Birds
Resource Directory

1 - 10 of 10 Posts