Talk Budgies Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
Iris and Dawn
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all, my name's Nausicaa and I've had two rescue budgies, Iris and Dawn, for 5 and 1 month(s) respectively. In the meantime, I've done plenty of research, much of which is contradictory, but this website appears very well put-together and has cleared up a lot of issues. I'm also glad to see a special thread for mutations, since I have some questions about Dawn's genetics. The last couple of years have been very painful for my family and me, and these two cuitiepies, in all their squaking, flapping, pooping glory, have been a tremendous comfort, so I'd like to repay the favour by giving them the best life possible.
Anyway, glad to meet you all and your flocks!

·
Super Moderator
3,868 Posts
Hi and welcome to the forum, we would love to see pictures of Iris and Dawn, I am glad that you have found the info on the forum helpful, if you have any questions please do not hesitate to ask.

·
Super Moderator
18,458 Posts
Hi Nausicaa and welcome to the forums!

It's great to hear that the forums have been helpful to you so far; we really strive to be a good source of information and education on budgies for everyone! 💜

We'd love to meet Iris and Dawn when you get the chance, and we'll be happy to tell you more about their mutations, as well.

Be sure to read through the forums' many budgie articles and "stickies" to stay updated on the best of budgie care practices! If you have any questions after doing so, please be sure to ask, as Cody mentioned above, since we'd be happy to help.

Hope to see you around! 👋

·
Administrator
56,577 Posts
Hi, Welcome to Talk Budgies!

The purpose of this forum is to promote the BEST PRACTICES in the care of budgies for their optimal Health and Well-Being

I'm looking forward to meeting your budgies through pictures soon!

Please take the time to read through the Site Guidelines, the FAQs, the Budgie Articles and all of the Stickies located at the top of each section of the forum.
Truly, the very BEST advice anyone can offer you is to take the time to read ALL of the stickies throughout the various Talk Budgie forums as well as the Budgie Articles we have posted.
These are great resources for Talk Budgie members and have a wealth of reliable information which will assist you to learn the best practices in caring for your budgies for their optimal health and well-being.

SITE GUIDELINES
List of Stickies
Posting on the Forums
Let's Talk Budgies!
FAQ
Articles
Be Prepared for Veterinary Care Expense
Avian First Aid
Quarantine IS Necessary!
A heartfelt plea to forum members new and old
Tips For Discouraging Breeding
Before You Ever Consider Breeding Your Budgies
Guidance for Breeding Advice Threads
Cage sizes.
Essentials to a Great Cage
Dangers to Pet Birds
Resource Directory

·
Registered
Iris and Dawn
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thank you both very much, I've already read through all the links and tags and I have to admit, you've ammased a pretty impresive collection of information! Sure, there's plenty of photos! Iris is the green one and Dawn the yellow one!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts