Talk Budgies Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

Administrator
Hi, Welcome to Talk Budgies!

The purpose of this forum is to promote the BEST PRACTICES in the care of budgies for their optimal Health and Well-Being.

Your new budgies are beautiful! What have you named them?
Please do not leave your new birds outdoors unless you are supervising them and they are secured safely in a cage.

How large is the cage in which you plan to keep the budgies?

Please take the time to read through the Site Guidelines, the FAQs, the Budgie Articles and all of the Stickies located at the top of each section of the forum.

Truly, the very BEST advice anyone can offer you is to take the time to read ALL of the stickies throughout the various Talk Budgie forums as well as the Budgie Articles we have posted.

These are great resources for Talk Budgie members and have a wealth of reliable information which will assist you to learn the best practices in caring for your budgies for their optimal health and well-being.

SITE GUIDELINES

List of Stickies

Posting on the Forums

Let's Talk Budgies!

FAQ

Articles

Be Prepared for Veterinary Care Expense

Avian First Aid

Quarantine IS Necessary!

A heartfelt plea to forum members new and old

Tips For Discouraging Breeding

Before You Ever Consider Breeding Your Budgies

Guidance for Breeding Advice Threads

Cage sizes.

Essentials to a Great Cage

Resource Directory

Registered
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the advice and compliment! I named them Lea and Lex. As of now I only have 2 cages but planning to make a big one in which I will house all of them. The big one is 60*40 which I allocated for Lex and Lesh, together with Allen ( double dominant pied) and Alexa (single dominant pied). The other cage is circular hanging one which I'm not sure of the size; however I'm pretty sure that is enough for them. Lol! Four of them aren't reached the first molting so probably they are less than 4 months while my 1st pair Dale and Liz are more than 4 months as it is showing on their forehead. I'm glad I have found this community as I'm willing to learn more from you guys, thus share also some of my knowledge for those who might need.

Super Moderator
Your birds are beautiful. Circular cages are not recommend as housing for budgies, they are usually quite small and inadequate. Please review the info in the links that FaeryBee has provided regarding housing and cage sizes.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Your birds are beautiful. Circular cages are not recommend as housing for budgies, they are usually quite small and inadequate. Please review the info in the links that FaeryBee has provided regarding housing and cage sizes.
Thanks Cody! You are correct indeed. I'm planning to have a bigger for them.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts