Talk Budgies Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yes all the wood is natural the breeder used to have a wierd plastic perch but I removed it and STARTED adding natural wood its showing alot of diffrience in my male he loves scratching on the perches I added

·
Super Moderator
20,175 Posts
If you had a sick child, would you drop off that child without caring if it lives or dies and exchange it for a new child?

Once we adopt an animal, it becomes our responsibility to care for that animal to the best of our abilities and give it the best care possible as long as we can. Animals are not disposable nor are they collectibles simply because of their shorter lifespan or the fact that especially small animals are often marketed as "cheap" pets.

Even if to you your bird's life seems exchangeable, that little bird is depending totally on you for care and compassion. If you cannot take care of your budgie properly, you should rehome it to someone who can or is able to, and not consider getting another bird at this time.

·
Super Moderator
About that…
1,485 Posts
I know but in a kid ok I cant deal with a respitory infection to much for me
Then please see above, it doesn't sound like you're ready for a pet. Just because a "new" bird is healthy, doesn't mean that it will stay that way. And you can't just trade away pets every time they get sick, it isn't fair to them.

·
Administrator
60,630 Posts
If you are JUST a KID who cannot adequately care for a sick budgie, then you should NOT have one.

Any pet, no matter the cost or whether it was "free", is a living breathing creature.
When a person "adopts" a pet, that individual assumes the responsibility of caring for that animal.
The pet is totally dependent on the owner for everything, including receiving the medical care and attention it deserves if it becomes ill or injured.

Those who believe that the expense of having a pet ends should be only the cost of the pet plus food, housing and toys are leaving out the most important part of the equation.

Giving the animal adequate medical care is integral part of providing it with a safe and loving home.

The Talk Budgies Forum is intended to assist members 18 years of age and older.
Access, creation of User IDs, posting, messaging or use by anyone younger than 18 is not authorized.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts