Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all,
Thank you for taking the time to read my post!
Around two weeks ago, a sweet blue budgie came flying into my workplace looking for help. Everyone at work did some research and on a tri-state pet watch facebook group, someone had photographed this same budgie in a location over 100 miles from where I am... I was astounded and amazed by this budgie's resilience and ability to trust humans. I've deduced that is is around a 4 month old male budgie.

No one at work could take him, and the humane society said that things would probably not end well for him, so I chose to take him under my wing and save his sweet little life. However I can't keep him permanently because I need to go back to college in a few weeks. I've been desperately searching for a suitable home for my sweet angel. (his name is Mr.Budge, by the way) I've been searching for two weeks now and still no luck.
I've come here to ask for general advice in keeping him healthy and happy and also to ask if there is anyone looking to take him under their wing? :blue pied:

He is such a sweet lovely boy, relatively quiet, very curious and playful and I'm taming him fairly quickly. I live in the New York area but i am willing to travel up to 300 miles to bring him where he needs to be. I can't afford to take him to the vet but he shows no signs of illness (trust me I have done my research!)
I can tell that he is looking for another budgie companion as he chats with the birds outside, so i don't think he would have a hard time adjusting.
Picture frame Rectangle Wood Paint Art

Bird Pet supply Parrot Bird supply Beak

(disclaimer about attached images: i am aware that Mr.budgie is currently living out of a unacceptably small cage at the moment; i was not planning on having him for this long. For the most part i have not closed him into his cage because its so small.)

I also am asking for general advice as per transportation? he is still not comfortable with me so when i go to bring him to his new home, how do you recommend I do so?

Thank you all for reading my gigantic message!
I hope one of you out there can take him under your wing, if not just for the school year as this will be my last semester in college.

Thanks again,
Rachel

·
Administrator
57,084 Posts
Hi Rachel and :welcome: to Talk Budgies

Mr. Budgie is an adorable little fellow and very fortunate you were willing to care for him.
You are obviously a lovely person. :hug:

Mr. Budgie can easily travel in your car in the small cage you have for him currently.

I've traveled long distances (7+ hours) with my budgies with no problems.

Take a look at this link:

http://talkbudgies.com/general-budgie-talk/305345-long-distance-car-traveling.html

When I travel in the car with my birds, I carefully seat-belt the cage in the front passenger seat of the car. If necessary, I use towels to level the seat so the cage sits flat.

I cover the top and three sides of the cage and leave the side facing me uncovered so the bird(s) can see me.

Ensure the cage is not subjected to a draft from the air conditioning vent.

I wish you all the best in finding a safe and loving home for Mr. Budgie!

·
Registered
51 Posts
Mr budge is lovely!!

That's a very kind thing of you to do. Amazing that he's flown so far. Any ideas on where he came from?!

May be an idea if you haven't already to post some ads on local sites, ones that advertise birds? And local vets or possibly pet shops. Hopefully a caring new owner will come forward soon.

FaeryBee has given you great advice on transport.

Good luck on finding Mr Budge a home!!!
I am sure he will have one very soon.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.