Talk Budgies Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello! These are my kids' budgies, Sky and Purple. Can you tell me about their mutations? I think Sky is a pretty normal blue but I don't know what shade of blue. Purple, I don't know what her color is and I also can tell she has a special pattern but don't know what it's called. You can see the color extending up to her neck a bit, and some other differences. Thanks so much for your time!!
Bird Vertebrate Macaw Beak Parrot

Bird Vertebrate Fence Beak Pet supply

Bird Macaw Beak Parrot Organism

·
Administrator
59,173 Posts
Beautiful budgies!

As you have a mixed gender pair, please be sure you are doing everything necessary to prevent breeding.

A heartfelt plea to forum members new and old
Tips For Discouraging Breeding
Before You Ever Consider Breeding Your Budgies
Guidance for Breeding Advice Threads

Rearranging their cage frequently will help tremendously.
Please be sure you never put a nest box or anything that could be used as a nesting site in their cage.
When they come into condition (as Purple is currently) you need to limit the light they get to 8 hours a day and limit the amount of protein in their diet.

Best wishes!

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Beautiful budgies!

As you have a mixed gender pair, please be sure you are doing everything necessary to prevent breeding.

A heartfelt plea to forum members new and old
Tips For Discouraging Breeding
Before You Ever Consider Breeding Your Budgies
Guidance for Breeding Advice Threads

Rearranging their cage frequently will help tremendously.
Please be sure you never put a nest box or anything that could be used as a nesting site in their cage.
When they come into condition (as Purple is currently) you need to limit the light they get to 8 hours a day and limit the amount of protein in their diet.

Best wishes!
Oh thanks so much! I thought avoiding a nesting site was sufficient. I appreciate that.

Edit: PS the first link is broken

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.