Talk Budgies Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi there, new-ish budgie owner here! I've not really cared for one in about 10 years so a lot of things are new to me and I'm learning a lot about my new buddy.

My boy, Arby, is a lovely blue budgie who we adopted just over a week ago. At the time he was stuck in a cage with younger budgies, but we decided to take him since he was alone and, according to the store owner, his friend had been purchased the previous day.

I'm looking forward to finding more out about my buddy since there are a few questions on my mind and a few concerns I have over adopting an older budgie, but I'm hoping people here can ease my worries!

Thanks!

Feather Beak Bird Natural material Parrot

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
He looks like quite the handsome, regal gentleman! How old is Arby?
Unfortunately I don't know! The shop owner said he was 12-14 weeks but it's very clear he's much older than that. He's at least a year old, but I'm not sure how else to tell without taking him to the vet.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Can you post a full frontal picture of his face?
It's not a very good one as he's still not used to having hands near the cage, and I had to use the zoom feature quite a bit..

Snowy owl Bird Barn owl Owl Beak

He is currently moulting and his cage is covered in feathers. I'm hoping that he's not too uncomfortable!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.