Talk Budgies Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,140 Posts
OK I'm a purest. I breed for show. I would never pick a pied spangle to breed with anything.

If you want to be a spangle breeder then breed quality spangles. Breed spangls and ad normals to put the size and feather on your birds.

If you want to breed pieds then breed pieds and add normals in to get the size feathering you need.

To me I think what's the point of creating an opaline, pied, crested, saddle back, Texas Clearbody, cinnamon, spangle? You lose what is beautiful on many of these mutations when you start mixing and adding everying including the kitchen sink when breeding.

·
MOTM March 2012
5,292 Posts
Me personally I would pair the hen to the green spangle pied, I love spangle pieds and if they are both dominant pieds you should get some double factor dominant pieds, with spangle added in they are stunning! If the **** is split blue you will get these in blue and green series.

For the double factor spangle **** bird you can pretty much pair what you want with him, not knowing what he is masking or is split for could mean you end up with mutations you didn't expect.
I would aim for a blue series however to give you the more colour diversity if he turns out to be split for blue.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.