Talk Budgies Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 6 Posts

· Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:(
I currently have 5 budgies, one of which accidentally broke/sprained her leg and currently is not able to use it .The leg is hanging in the air without any movement and the worst thing about this case I won't be able to take her to avian vet because of my heartless father , so any help is really appreciated .I am not really aware of this kind of situation.Sorry for bad grammer.

· Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thank you everyone , but I already lost all of my money on my last visit to the vet :(
as for my father, he is a complete... I don't wanna speak the word...
Currently the only hope I have is you people :'(
Shinchan(my budgie) moves around the cage,eats,drinks and even talks but It's clear she cannot curl her feel around and is only using the joint as a means of balance.Her grip in that leg is almost gone.Any advice for it how can I do anything that helps her?? I gave her all sorts of environmental assists I can,still I feel so bad I cannot do anything more for her :'(

· Registered
5 Posts
As much as we would like, sadly we can't magically heal your budgie's broken leg/foot and put it in the correct position if need be. We are not certified avian vets and this isn't a problem we can fix through a computer.
If you are unable to give your budgie the proper medical attention, then it would be best to find someone else able to cater to your budgie's needs or an animal rescue organization to collect your budgie.
By letting this situation drag, your budgie's health is at risk. If the leg "dies" from lack of medical care your budgie will be at risk of losing her life.
I guess it's my last option.. atleast she will be better..

first of all thnx for your love guys ...
shinchan is looking a little better than last time,
it's pretty clear that only the toes aren't working.Any guesses??
Should I apply some kind of splint in this case or any other medicine I can give to her?any specific diet ??

· Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Good news guys

:)
Shinchan is much better now.
I applied some less effective balms and gave her a little more warmth .
In case of her toes,i only tried to move them a little bit ,and voila, by the evening her grip was much better .I am really happy for her :')
I also made some rope perches for her and she is much more happy than yesterday :budgie:
Thnx for your love guys .!!! :D

· Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I'm glad Shinchan is doing better and hope she continues to improve.

You may not be so fortunate in the future.
I strongly suggest you get a plan in place in case your budgie ever has another illness or injury.

You need to find an Avian Vet in your area.
Go in to meet the person and establish a relationship with them so if there is a future problem you have someone to help you.

You should have a first aid kit set up:

http://talkbudgies.com/emergency-room/225585-my-birdy-first-aid-kit.html

And, start building up an "emergency fund" to pay for any medical care your pet(s) require.

http://talkbudgies.com/general-budgie-talk/295033-prepared-veterinary-care-expense.html
Thnx for the list :) and yes the emergency expense probelm will be solved in a short time.Thanks again :D

1 - 5 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.