Talk Budgies Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi. I recently set-up a pair of budgies. I am new to budgie genetics and mutations, but based upon my reading I appear to have a Double Factor Dominant Pied Hen, and a Greywing ****. I have included pics below. If anyone has any other ideas please let me know LOL. I don't have any lineage one them so have no idea of hidden colors or splits. What should the outcome be of breeding these two? Thanks for any and all help!

Kevin

Attachments

·
♥Budgies No.1 fan♥
3,368 Posts
looks to be a sky blue dilute/greywing
and blue (mabey colbat) recessive pied
not sure what the outcome will be
have to wait for nev or dean (guthwulf)

·
Member of the Month January 2009
3,676 Posts
I am new to budgie genetics and mutations, but based upon my reading I appear to have a Double Factor Dominant Pied Hen, and a Greywing ****.
What should the outcome be of breeding these two?
Kevin
Hi Kevin and welcome to talk Budgies. Congratulations on working out the mutations correctly, not many newcomers get them right the first time.

The chicks should all be single factor dominant pied sky blue. If the birds are split for other mutations, and they appear, they will combine with the dominant pied. (or possibly mask it)

Your birds look about 3 to 5 months old so it will be a while before they are old enough to breed

·
♥Budgies No.1 fan♥
3,368 Posts
oh i though it was recessive because i cant see an iris...must be young:)

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thank you for your insight!

I'm in no hurry for them to breed, as long as they are happy :)

I 'rescued' the hen from a flight of 4 tiels, and got her the male for company. They seem very happy, constantly chattering back and forth and palying with their toys.

Thanks again,

Kevin

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.