Talk Budgies Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all, I got some pictures downloaded and I was hoping ya'll could help us identify our birds. I'll give my extremely humble and uneducated opinion and then ya'll feel free to correct me.

The first is a light green, dominant pied male, we think. He has the yellow patch on the back of his head, a few small patches on his belly, his tailfeather is completely yellow, and the bottom part of his feathers are as well. He still has a few faint lines on his forehead so I'm guessing he is around 4 months.

The second is an albino and we were told she's an 8 month old female. She's just getting the makings of a white iris. She also has a light blue sheen that is actually kind of pretty in the right light.

The third is probably the most fancy of the bunch. I was told she was a female about 8 months, but I think she is older. Her forehead lines have receded all the way back and she has a pretty decent size brown iris. She is much darker than she appears in the pics and has almost a purple tail so I've got her tagged as a Cobalt. To me she seems to be half English possibly. She's bigger and much more laid back, although flighty at times. In my opinion, she's got a pretty decent head and okay spots. I'm sure she's nothing special but she looks better bred than what I've found in the pet stores around here.

Thanks for taking the time to look and for any help you can offer!

Brian

·
Budgie
1,430 Posts
Very pretty birds. Your first one, I don't know if it is my monitor but it looks like his markings are brown...but it could just be me. And he does look like a light green dominant pied.

Your 2nd one is an albino, I have a female of myself and a baby just weaned.

The 3rd one is a cobalt normal. Not sure about anything on the English though.

Very pretty

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

The reason I was thinking a little English in the blue one because of her stockier build. Her markings also led me to believe she had some decent breeding in her somewhere. In person they just seem to look better. My other two seem slicker built, more like wild birds to me. I don't know much of anything about parakeets though lol.

Thanks for the input and compliments!

·
Registered
5,557 Posts
Very pretty birds. Your first one, I don't know if it is my monitor but it looks like his markings are brown...but it could just be me. And he does look like a light green dominant pied.

Your 2nd one is an albino, I have a female of myself and a baby just weaned.

The 3rd one is a cobalt normal. Not sure about anything on the English though.

Very pretty
I agree. But the blue doesn't look english to me. Maybe in other pics she looks english but not in thesse IMO.

·
Member of the Month January 2009
3,676 Posts
The first is a light green, dominant pied male, we think. He has the yellow patch on the back of his head, a few small patches on his belly, his tailfeather is completely yellow, and the bottom part of his feathers are as well. He still has a few faint lines on his forehead so I'm guessing he is around 4 months.
That looks right
The second is an albino and we were told she's an 8 month old female. She's just getting the makings of a white iris. She also has a light blue sheen that is actually kind of pretty in the right light.
This looks right too
The third is probably the most fancy of the bunch. I was told she was a female about 8 months, but I think she is older. Her forehead lines have receded all the way back and she has a pretty decent size brown iris. She is much darker than she appears in the pics and has almost a purple tail so I've got her tagged as a Cobalt. To me she seems to be half English possibly. She's bigger and much more laid back, although flighty at times. In my opinion, she's got a pretty decent head and okay spots. I'm sure she's nothing special but she looks better bred than what I've found in the pet stores around here.
She is a nice bird but she is not necessarily part English just because she is bigger than the others. The English show budgies are not a separate mutation they are just bigger because they have been selectively bred for size

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.