Talk Budgies Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Howdy all !

Nugget is about 8 - 9 months old, they behave more like a male budgie (singing all day, head bopping at the green Clover often, laid back enough to let me trim her nails and not hold a grudge after lol), and has either all black eyes or very dark grey irises.
She's gray factor, right? She has white around her vent and flight feathers, gray around her eyes, on her back, chest, and faint patterning on his head and feathers..I read some males with certain mutations can have a pink cere (double factor spangle and recessive pied?)

Many thanks in advance 馃槉馃槉馃挄
Bird Beak Pet supply Yellow Parrot

Bird Beak Feather Wing Parrot

Bird Parrot Beak Bird supply Pet supply

Super Moderator
Hello and welcome to the forums,

Your budgie is very cute. Is Clover a boy or a girl? Photos with flash aren't the best for determining gender, is there any way you could get some in natural light? Additionally, personality traits are very poor indicators of gender since birds of either gender may be more or less outgoing ;) Check this link out:

Meanwhile, you've come to a great place to learn even more about the best of budgie care practices. Please be sure to read through the forums' many budgie articles and "stickies" to ensure you're up to date on everything! If you have any questions after doing so, please be sure to ask as we'd love to help.

We hope to see you around and look forward to updates 馃憢

Registered
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi Starling! Thank you for your reply 馃槉

Clover is a female I believe...She is fully flighted but Nugget is not (I didn't clip his wings, they were wonky cut when I adopted him off a neighbor that couldn't keep him)...I have no desire to breed them! I won't put anything in the cage to encourage it, if you say Nugget is a male.
Bird Macaw Parrot Beak Organism
Bird Vertebrate Beak Parrot Bird supply

Leaf Pet supply Plant Beak Mesh

Bird Vertebrate Beak Parrot Bird supply

Super Moderator
Yes, a boy and a girl! Both absolutely adorable 馃ズ.
Glad to hear you鈥檒l discourage breeding!
By the way, Nugget is recessive pied grey green cinnamon budgie, from what I can tell. It looks a lot like greywing markings on his wings but he鈥檚 got plum eyes (reddish); the 鈥渂rownness鈥 of cinnamon budgie wing markings can vary.
The recessive pied mutation will cause him to keep his baby eyes and cere as you expected 馃槢

Registered
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Awwww ... 鈽衡樅鈽 Thanks for clearing that up!

He's my little fluffy monkey baby 馃槏 Clover is my sassy little lady that likes to fly around my head...Btw, does Clover have recessive pied too? Because her eyes are still dark?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts