Talk Budgies Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
979 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I have 4 budgies, but I only know for sure what one of them is. Can you tell me exactly what these are?

Banjo
He appears to just be a classic green, but I think he's SLIGHTLY diluted

Romeo
Sold at a Pet Store as "Rare" I think he's just a greywing blue.

Sunny
I'm really puzzled by her, I mean, she's completely yellow, but not Lutino. Her eyes are black. And I don't know if she's just a dark eyed clear, or what...

·
Registered
979 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 · (Edited)
Might as well throw Juliet in there as well.

Juliet
I think she's just classic blue. Any other opinions?
(right)
(front)
(left)
(right)

·
Registered
428 Posts
Banjo looks like a cinnamon light green
Romeo looks like a graywing cobalt, maybe a graywing sky violet if he has purpley feathers. From the pic of Romeo and Juliet together, Romeo is definitely not a sky blue like Juliet.
Juliet looks like a normal sky blue

·
Registered
979 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Banjo looks like a cinnamon light green
Romeo looks like a graywing cobalt, maybe a graywing sky violet if he has purpley feathers. From the pic of Romeo and Juliet together, Romeo is definitely not a sky blue like Juliet.
Juliet looks like a normal sky blue
Ok thanks! What about Sunny?

·
Member of the Month March 2011
19,551 Posts
Banjo- Normal light green
Romeo-Cobalt violet greywing
Juliet- Normal sky blue
Sunny- She could be a dark eyed clear or a df spangle. If she develops iris rings as an adult she is a df spangle, but if not more than likely she is a dark eyed clear. The other optione would be a df spangle masking recessive pied which would make her not have iris rings as well... breeding is the only way to know 100% sure without knowing what her parents were in that case :)

·
Registered
979 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Banjo- Normal light green
Romeo-Cobalt violet greywing
Juliet- Normal sky blue
Sunny- She could be a dark eyed clear or a df spangle. If she develops iris rings as an adult she is a df spangle, but if not more than likely she is a dark eyed clear. The other optione would be a df spangle masking recessive pied which would make her not have iris rings as well... breeding is the only way to know 100% sure without knowing what her parents were in that case :)
Thanks so much!!! :D

·
Registered
1,080 Posts
Correct me if I am wrong but I think...

Normal Light Green.

He isn't diluted, unless you were thinking about Normal Dark Greens, which is a darker shade of green. :)

Greywing (Single Factor Violet) Cobalt

His greywing mutation dilutes the Cobalt to make it look like Skyblue, but a Greywing Skyblue would have a lighter colour, from the pictures I've seen online.

He looks a lot like my Autumn and I was told that she's a Greywing Cobalt, but Romeo seems to have a violet colour spread out, unlike Autumn.

From the picture it looks like the beak doesn't have a dark colouring yet, so possibly this is a young bird.

The only possibilities are Green Series Dark Eyed Clear or Double Factor Spangle.

If you know the age of the bird, that should help you determine its mutation because Dark Eyed Clears wouldn't develop Iris rings, whereas DF Spangles would around the age of 4-5 months usually. So you just have to wait this one out for around 2-3 months maybe. Sorry, I am not sure about this mutation :(

Normal Skyblue.

·
Member of the Month January 2009
3,676 Posts
Banjo – normal light green (the colour will brighten up after the first moult)

Romeo – greywing sky blue

Sunny – either a dark eyed clear or a double factor spangle (If she is a double factor spangle she will develop iris rings)

Juliet – normal sky blue

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.