Talk Budgies Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi everyone, I was hoping you could help me figure out what my new little budgie is. I never thought I would get a red-eyed budgie, but this little one just caught my eye. The pics are a bit dark, so you can't tell very easily, but the eyes are a dark ruby red color. Plus, I really liked its personality, it seemed pretty mellow and unafraid of people. Also, I thought it would compliment my other bird, Bravo. After looking at mutations, I think it may be a creamino. Do you think so? If not, what is it????? Also, do you think it's a male or female? It is tough to tell from the cere, but its vacalizations sound more female to me. I'm hoping it's a girl, cause that's what I wanted in case I ever decide to breed her with my male (of course only when they are of age and I have educated myself about breeding!). I think I will name it Perry, but I'm still undecided. If I get a clearer idea of its sex, I may choose a more gender appropriate name:cool: Here is my new baby...

Thanks, Whitney

·
Member of the Month
3,206 Posts
That is a stunning budgie and if I saw him at a store I would have brought him home even though I do not intend on buying anymore. Looks like a creamino but I am not sure if they have those wing markings so someone else with knowledge will have to answer. I would also say boy but I am not sure what the cere should be on this mutation. So... I am no help and all words but I can tell you that has to be the prettiest budgie I have ever seen :)

Edit See the answer always comes when I am rambling :)

·
Member of the Month January 2009
3,676 Posts
You have a yellow face lacewing. It is quite young and the cinnamon markings will get darker after it has moulted. Can't be sure about the sex. I think it's female, if it is the cere will lighten over the next few weeks. If it is male it's cere will stay pink all it's life

·
Registered
1,767 Posts
Almost an identical match to my YF2 albino! The only noticeable difference right now is the addition of the cinnamon markings! Gorgeous :D

Wasnt there someone looking for this sort of bird? A YF2 lacewing albino?

·
Registered
135 Posts
I'm not sure what colours it is, but I think it's a male.

·
Registered
255 Posts
Oh wow, he/she is stunning! I can never find a lacewing around here.. or any of the more rare mutations for that matter. :rolleyes: Anyways, gorgeous!

·
Registered
15,654 Posts
I can completely understand why you couldn't pass this gorgeous one up!:D This is one of my dream mutations! Congrats!:D You must keep posting pics of her!

·
Registered
677 Posts
She looks so soft, very very pretty! I can see why you brought her home :)

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
WoW! Thanks everyone! I can't believe I chose a rare mutation!!!! I am not very good with my mutations, I know a bit, but not much. I just saw this bird and really liked the looks of it. I hope she does turn out to be famale, I am curious what I would get if I bred her to my other bird. Thanks again for helping me I.D. her.

·
Registered
93 Posts
s/he is to die for.. gorgeous.. is lacewing a mutation on its own? or can we get a lacewing from a lutino and a cinamon?

·
Registered
251 Posts
Almost an identical match to my YF2 albino! The only noticeable difference right now is the addition of the cinnamon markings! Gorgeous :D

Wasnt there someone looking for this sort of bird? A YF2 lacewing albino?
Yup, I started the post a while back about a creamino lacewing...
Gah, I wish I could find a budgie like that!
She, or he... is just gorgeous- great find!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.