Talk Budgies Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all
So I have 4 babies top 2 and below left one are all one month old only and below right is 2 months, but I'm having trouble identifying their gender and I got confused a lot after researching, so I might as well now get help from some experts maybe.
Green White Vertebrate Yellow Organism

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I wanted to delete this post and post a better image but since it's not allowed for us to delete our post, then I will just post here a better image for all of them and I hope someone will reply
Bird Photograph Vertebrate White Beak

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thank you so much for answering, one of them is really confusing to me in my last image as a reply bottom left the yellow one, the color on the cere is really confusing, so I can't tell if it's a male or female

·
Super Moderator
19,576 Posts
I think this one may end up being female despite a pink cere given the shape and shine on the cere, but it may just be a little early to tell. Generally you can tell gender at this age but there are exceptions to every rule! Can you post more photos in a week or two?

·
Registered
52 Posts
Hello all
So I have 4 babies top 2 and below left one are all one month old only and below right is 2 months, but I'm having trouble identifying their gender and I got confused a lot after researching, so I might as well now get help from some experts maybe. View attachment 263992
They're so cute. Did you breed or purchase them? I like the white one with bars on its head. :) Also, Do you know what mutation that is called? Doing research on mutations I like for a future purchase. Thanks

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
They're so cute. Did you breed or purchase them? I like the white one with bars on its head. :) Also, Do you know what mutation that is called? Doing research on mutations I like for a future purchase. Thanks
To be honest I don't know about the mutation type for budgies, however, I will post below an image for their parents and I believe this white budgie is supposed to be not common color as a breeding result. Below image is at least 2 months old
Bird Beak Parrot Macaw Pet supply

·
Registered
52 Posts
To be honest I don't know about the mutation type for budgies, however, I will post below an image for their parents and I believe this white budgie is supposed to be not common color as a breeding result. Below image is at least 2 months old View attachment 264099
Oh, ok. Thank you. I'm assuming you bred them then. I'm not great on mutations either, all I can tell is that the blue is some type of sky blue, possibly. Haha. There is someone on here who is great at that stuff though, if you're interested and ask I'm sure they'll chime in. They told me my birds exact mutation, it was pretty cool. They're adorable though.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts