Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I was wondering if someone could let me know if they have any idea what they colour mutations of my budgies are? I know the pictures arent the best but its all i could do. Sorry!!

Let me know if you know what they are!!

Thankyou :)

Attachments

·
Registered
694 Posts
They both look to be Yellowface II sky blues. The male is a spangle and the female might be an opaline... won't know without a good shot from behind.

·
Registered
322 Posts
Lovely birds! The female appears to be a normal single factor yellowface type II, while the male seems to be a single factor yellowface type II spangle. If you bred them together, the results would be:
12.5% will be double factor yellowface type II spangles
25% will be single factor yellowface type II spangles
12.5% will be normal blue spangles
12.5% will be double factor yellowface type II
25% will be single factor yellowface type II
12.5% will be normal blues

Double factor yellowface type II looks different than single factor; the yellow colour usually only spreads as far as the chest of the bird, making it half sea green half blue! With single factors, the yellow spreads all over the body, making it all sea green. :)

I hope I helped, good luck! :)

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thats some helpful info!! Thank you so much!! I am going to breed them in august I think. or a bit after. I bought them in august 2012 as baby budgies. Also, The female is a lot larger than the male. is that common?? They have bonded amazinginly and he feeds her all the time!! So cute! Wish i could hand raise them though :)

·
Registered
322 Posts
Thats some helpful info!! Thank you so much!! I am going to breed them in august I think. or a bit after. I bought them in august 2012 as baby budgies. Also, The female is a lot larger than the male. is that common?? They have bonded amazinginly and he feeds her all the time!! So cute! Wish i could hand raise them though :)
The only reason I can think of for the female to be significantly larger than the male is if she's an English budgie and he's an Australian budgie, but she didn't really look like an English budgie, so I don't know. :p
Before you breed them, make sure they aren't related.
Good luck! :)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.