1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi, friends!!
I need your help one more time!!!
Just need to id the entire family :D
it's a hard work, I know, but I trust in you!! :)
let's start from the dad:

and mom:

thank you everybody , tomorrow I will post the first chick

·
Exceptional Service Award Recipient
21,788 Posts
Hi there!
Your male budgie looks a lot like my Dinda. It seems he is a sky blue greywing opaline budgie. Your female is a creamino budgie (yellow face albino).
I can't wait to see their babies too, I'm sure they're beautiful! :D

·
Registered
2,159 Posts
Dad is an opaline sky dilute and mom a yellowface type II dark eyed clear. Her eyes are black right?

Chick looks like a clearwing pied which is part of dec isn't I?

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Mom's eyes are ruby, not black. :) anyway, yf 2?? thankyou for the info!
Woww! clearflight pied? wonderfullll!! :) I reeally love pieds!!
tomorrow I'll post another chick (the second one)
they are six!! but I don't have pics for the number 4!!!

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Another pic of number 1: (note the yf, please)

Cara, please... when you say Clearwing pied.. what do you mean?? Clearflight pied or clearwing (like greywing??) sorry.. it's difficult for me, you know.. :S

·
Registered
2,159 Posts
Papa looks like a dominant pied as well maybe. Hard to tell from the pics but his flight feathers and tail are white and they would be light grey if simply dilute. What does his belly look like? Any white?

The baby with yellow face is dominant pied or clearflight pied. It looks like there is some white on the belly so maybe dominant pied. I am not very clear on the difference between the 2. The black is definitely lighter so maybe greywing or cinnamon.

I think all of your girls would have to be albino since the hen is albino and it is sex linked.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
Well. First the dad: no white in his belly, and a very very very very pale grey in his tail featers. :)
then the chick: yes, there is a spot of white in his/her belly (what about sex??) and so.. definitely dom. pied? ok.
another question... why dad have violet cheek patches?
today I'll post chick number 2
these are the pics:

·
21,788 Posts
Papa looks like a dominant pied as well maybe. Hard to tell from the pics but his flight feathers and tail are white and they would be light grey if simply dilute. What does his belly look like? Any white?

The baby with yellow face is dominant pied or clearflight pied. It looks like there is some white on the belly so maybe dominant pied. I am not very clear on the difference between the 2. The black is definitely lighter so maybe greywing or cinnamon.

I think all of your girls would have to be albino since the hen is albino and it is sex linked.
Albino is indeed sex linked, but the gene is passed from the father even if it's not visual and only the father carries the ino gene that gets transferred to the offspring. If the mother isn't a visual ino, and father is split for ino then they will in fact produce visual ino females.
If you have a mother who is albino or lutino and a father who is not ino visually nor does it carry the ino gene in hidden split form, then they will have normal babies, not visual albinos or lutinos.

Your chicks are beautiful and they do appear to have cinnamon markings and in that case, their father is most likely not a greywing like I first thought, but a sky blue cinnamon opaline budgie. And since cinnamon is sex linked too, that would mean the budgies with cinnamon markings would have to be female.
I don't know how you got a seemingly dominant pied baby from them, especially when the father doesn't appear to be a dominant pied and this mutation doesn't come in split form. Maybe the mother is masking recessive pied and the father is clearflight pied, that is my best bet. :)

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
WOWW!! I can't believe it!! you both says that the parents are some kind of pied???
well, I used paint for compare the pictures of dad and the pied son , and they have ALL white feathers in the same places!!
if dad is identic to son but the spot in the belly... is a cleaflight pied, right?and in the genetic of clearflight there's a part of dom and recessive pied??
can the chick be rec. pied? or dom pied/rec??

and then, the cinnamons, greywings, dilute, are so hard to understand to me.. they are all so similar!
maybe they are a combination of mutation, all in one bird?

·
21,788 Posts
WOWW!! I can't believe it!! you both says that the parents are some kind of pied???
well, I used paint for compare the pictures of dad and the pied son , and they have ALL white feathers in the same places!!
if dad is identic to son but the spot in the belly... is a cleaflight pied, right?and in the genetic of clearflight there's a part of dom and recessive pied??
can the chick be rec. pied? or dom pied/rec??

and then, the cinnamons, greywings, dilute, are so hard to understand to me.. they are all so similar!
maybe they are a combination of mutation, all in one bird?
This is very interesting and all these little discoveries is what most amazes me when breeding budgies, it's very surprising to see how the chicks turn out in terms of colour mutations! :D

Dominant pied is a mutation that is only visual and is not passed to the offspring in a split or masked form. One of the parents would necessarily have to show the proper dominant pied markings to have babies also with the same pied mutation.
The only way to have a chick displaying both dominant and recessive pied markings would have to be through mating a dominant pied (split to recessive) with a visual recessive pied budgie and they would produce a chick with both these mutations combined. These are called combination pieds.
Only recessive pied can be masked in split form. I have a living proof, as two of my visually normal budgies, Mona and Carioca had a recessive pied chick last year, Peppy. You can see them all on my signature picture.

Your male budgie must be a clearflight pied, just like dominant pied, this gene doesn't come in split form and is always visual on budgies.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Thank you everybody for all this info!! is very useful for me!
in the next days, I'll post some pictures of others chicks. Maybe cinnamons, maybe greywing, pieds, I don't know :)

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.