Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
TIME FOR MY 2ND BREEDING PAIR.
Q1-I THINK MY 2ND PAIR READY TO PUT IN BREEDING CAGE, ARE THEY??????.
Q2-WANT TO KNOW THERE BREEDING OUTCOMES??

·
Registered
694 Posts
I would wait a bit longer before breeding them - your hen looks to be molting and that can take a lot out of a bird. Plus, she isn't yet in condition, as seen by her cere.

Expectations are hard to tell without knowing what the parents are (photos from behind would be great).

Guessing that the male is a normal grey and the hen is an opaline sky blue, you can expect normal grey and normal blue babies. All males would be split to opaline.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Thanks Tracy for the advice.
Will wait for some more time until she passes her molt
And about breeding condition, she has light brown cere, isn't that mean she is coming into condition?

·
Registered
972 Posts
It will be dark and crusty when she is in condition, as for outcomes I will leave that to someone with more experience :)

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I am Just wondering that Isn't dark brown and "crusty" cere means that the female starting to go out of condition and its too late to setup a female for breeding if her cere i dark brown and crusty.

·
Member of the Month January 2009
3,676 Posts
When a hen has a tan cere she is coming into breeding condition. If the cere is dark brown and crusty she could be near the end of her cycle.

It might be just the way they are sitting but this pair don't look to be quite ready to breed yet. When the **** is in condition he should look very alert and be very noisy & active, paying a lot of attention to his mate. The hen should also be very active and will be chewing at everything. After a couple of weeks of conditioning diet the hen should have finished her moult and they should both be ready

The expected result from this pair pair would be:
50% grey
50% blue
The shade of blue will depend on the dark factor of the **** but as the hen has no dark factor the chicks can only be sky blue or cobalt
If the **** is split for opaline half the chicks will be opaline but if he is not split they will all be normal (the male chicks will be split for opaline)

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
When a hen has a tan cere she is coming into breeding condition. If the cere is dark brown and crusty she could be near the end of her cycle.

It might be just the way they are sitting but this pair don't look to be quite ready to breed yet. When the **** is in condition he should look very alert and be very noisy & active, paying a lot of attention to his mate. The hen should also be very active and will be chewing at everything. After a couple of weeks of conditioning diet the hen should have finished her moult and they should both be ready

The expected result from this pair pair would be:
50% grey
50% blue
The shade of blue will depend on the dark factor of the **** but as the hen has no dark factor the chicks can only be sky blue or cobalt
If the **** is split for opaline half the chicks will be opaline but if he is not split they will all be normal (the male chicks will be split for opaline)
That sounds perfect information . Thanks NEV

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
Looks like she has almost completed her molting...Am i right?
And other thing is , male has some small light brown scaly patches on his cere, what does that mean?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.