Talk Budgies Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Exceptional Service Award Recipient
21,788 Posts
Welcome to the forums! :)

From the photos, I believe your chick (and the sibling too) is a sky blue single factor golden face greywing budgie. Beautiful little family your have there! :love:

·
Member Spotlight Award March 2016
1,887 Posts
:) aww so cute.I love there colors.thanks for sharing photos.blessings and congratulations on your flock.:albino::cobalt linnie::green pied:

·
Super Moderator
18,016 Posts
Hi there and :welcome: to the forums!

What a stunningly beautiful little family you have there!

I absolutely love them and I also agree with Aluz regarding mutation. Because greywing is a recessive mutation, it needs one copy for each of the parents to show visibly in offspring, so you know now that the mother is also greywing. I believe she is a golden face, sky blue, greywing recessive pied. If all the babies are golden face, then she is double factor goldenface ;)

I look forward to seeing lots more of your flock around here!

Be sure to read through all the stickies, or threads "stuck" to the top of each subforum for easy reference, as well as the budgie articles, to be sure you're up to date on the best practices for budgie care.

We hope to see you around and if you have any questions after reading through everything, be sure to ask as we'd be happy to help!

Cheers :D

:wave:

·
Registered
2,273 Posts
Because greywing is a recessive mutation, it needs one copy for each of the parents to show visibly in offspring, so you know now that the mother is also greywing. I believe she is a golden face, sky blue, greywing recessive pied. If all the babies are golden face, then she is double factor goldenface ;)

:wave:
Hi Starling, just a note....as Greywing is recessive neither parent has to show it to produce a chick, they could both be split. It is with dominant varieties that one parent must be visibly showing. In this case the parents do both look to be Greywing, however it could be just as likely that one would be split for Greywing.

Also, if all the babies are Golden Face the parent may be double factor but it may also be single factor unless you have had several nests of chicks to prove that a non-Golden Face can't happen. It can just be a statistical anomaly! :001_rolleyes:

·
Super Moderator
18,016 Posts
Hi Starling, just a note....as Greywing is recessive neither parent has to show it to produce a chick, they could both be split. It is with dominant varieties that one parent must be visibly showing. In this case the parents do both look to be Greywing, however it could be just as likely that one would be split for Greywing.

Also, if all the babies are Golden Face the parent may be double factor but it may also be single factor unless you have had several nests of chicks to prove that a non-Golden Face can't happen. It can just be a statistical anomaly! :001_rolleyes:
Thanks, Toni--sorry I phrased that a bit weird :eek:

I saw that the mum was greywing before I typed out my answer so I made it seem like the parent had to be greywing. However, if she weren't visually greywing, you'd know she would be split.

And, all right, all right, statistics and all that--but if all the chicks are goldenface there's a very good chance that she is DF :laughing: :bowrofl:

·
Registered
2,273 Posts
Yes, I agree there is a good chance the parent is df. I am not meaning to be picky, but I figure it is best if we are passing on as accurate info as we can. :) If I read something that can give an incorrect impression I think it is worth clarifying. I have seen this sort of info passed from one person to another and so on as fact, when there was an error right back at the start..... It probably doesn't matter much with budgie genetics, but that is where I feel my experience lies so....

·
Super Moderator
18,016 Posts
Yes, I agree there is a good chance the parent is df. I am not meaning to be picky, but I figure it is best if we are passing on as accurate info as we can. :) If I read something that can give an incorrect impression I think it is worth clarifying. I have seen this sort of info passed from one person to another and so on as fact, when there was an error right back at the start..... It probably doesn't matter much with budgie genetics, but that is where I feel my experience lies so....
It's good to be picky, not to worry--I wish I were more picky sometimes!

Lucky you're around to clear up my silly mistakes :hug:

·
Member Spotlight Award March 2016
1,887 Posts
:) oh my goodness.they're the cutest little budgies.I love them all.many thanks for sharing your photos.congratulations on your new fledglings.blessings always.:green pied:

·
Super Moderator
18,016 Posts
How adorable they all are! :love:

I can see they're all happy and healthy ;)

I also love the nest box picture, how cute is that!? :eek:

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.