Not open for further replies.
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
476 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello!
I need some help determining my 4 chicks' mutations, and also gender :D
Wall-E, the father is a YF2 cobalt clearflight pied, and Iota is a light green cinnamon
Chick number one:

I think she's a girl. How's Buttercup for a name? :eek:

Chick number two:

Female as well?
I'm not sure but I think she's just like Wall-E

Both together:

Chick number three:
This is the best one I could get

Chick number four:

Thanks!

·
DEACTIVATED ACCOUNT
16,073 Posts
chick 1 looks like a Fully body Grey wing meaning if niether parent is visual grey wing both are split to it

chick 2 Yellow face type 1 cobalt blue

Chick 3 - Dark Green

Chick 4 Yellow face cobalt blue - If the blue turns to sea green as it grows up and gets adult its adult molt it'll be type 2 yellow face but right now it looks like a type 1

Also since you got blue babies and your mom is green and dad is blue mom is split to blue and since mom is cinnamon all boys will be split to cinnamon

·
Registered
2,921 Posts
Are you sure that dadis a YF2? The babies look YF1, but if dad is YF2 they must also be YF2. Baby 2 is a pied (there's a bald spot at the abck of his head?) - most probable a clearflight. There's also something more to the first baby, but I don't know what. They are stunning.

·
Registered
151 Posts
Don't have a clue, but they are all beauts! :D

·
Member of the Month January 2009
3,676 Posts
1/ Cinnamon clearflight pied light green

2/ T2 yellow face clearflight cobalt male

3/ normal dark green female

4/ T2 yellow face cobalt

The yellow is quite bright on the 2 yellow face chicks so it is probably type 2. The yellow is usually very pale on a type 1 at fledging and brightens up later

·
Registered
476 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks everyone!
Daddy is definitely a yf2.. A recent picture

I'm confused with baby number 1's mutation now, though :p
Nev, are you sure the second is male? The cere is lighter around the nostrils

·
Registered
255 Posts
1/ Cinnamon clearflight pied light green

2/ T2 yellow face clearflight cobalt male

3/ normal dark green female

4/ T2 yellow face cobalt

The yellow is quite bright on the 2 yellow face chicks so it is probably type 2. The yellow is usually very pale on a type 1 at fledging and brightens up later
I agree with nev about the 2nd chick being male. I would say it was also. The rest to me look female.

·
Registered
476 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Are you sure that dadis a YF2? The babies look YF1, but if dad is YF2 they must also be YF2. Baby 2 is a pied (there's a bald spot at the abck of his head?) - most probable a clearflight. There's also something more to the first baby, but I don't know what. They are stunning.
Yes, there is a clear patch at the back of his head.. I also think he is a clear flight pied :D

·
Registered
381 Posts
Chick number two is absolutely GORGEOUS. I didn't even know that you could get yellow on the tips like that without interfering with the blue. WHAT a beauty.
That chick still looks like a type 1 to me, though. It didn't necessarily inherit the yellow face from dad. The mom is green, right? couldn't she be type 1 without you realizing?
*EDIT*
Gah, just read that type 2 will look like type 1 till first molt. So that explains that. Also, though, looks like yellowface genetics aren't simple. However, I cannot actually find a page on it atm.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.