Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is Celeste (mom)

This is Sea Biscuit (dad)

These are the babies, coloring up! Very light blues compared to mom and dad, only one yellow face! could the others get a YF after first molt?

Thanks for all your help!

·
Member of the Month January 2009
3,676 Posts
The **** is a type 1 yellow face opaline skyblue. The hen is a type 1 yellow face dominant pied sky blue. All the chicks seem to have inherited the dominant pied so the hen may be double factor dominant pied. Any of the chicks that are opaline will be female. The 2 chicks with the dark wings in the first picture are opaline dominant pieds. The 2 on the lower perch in the 1st picture at just dominant pied so they will be male. I can't see enough of the others to tell if they are just dominant pied or if they have opaline as well.

When type 1 yellow face birds are paired together you would expect to get 50% with yellow faces, 25% with ordinary white faces and 25% that are double factor yellow face but they will look white faced. You won't be able to tell the double factors from the ordinary white faced birds until they are bred. The double factor yellow face birds will leave 100% yellow face in their offspring

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
WOW! THAT'S AWESOME!! HOW DO YOU LEARN ALL THAT?? I try so hard to understand those charts, but it makes my head spin. :mad: Thank you for your time nev90, I really appreciate it! You should charge a service fee, make a little extra money! :)
This little family of mine means everything to me! Thanks again! :D

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.