Talk Budgies Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Could anyone help me identify the colors and mutations of my flock? If these pictures don't show the right angles, I can post others. I appreciate any help!

1) Kumo (Cloud) - s/he has a solid colored (sky blue?) belly and chest; his tail is yellow and blue
2) Nigi (Rainbow) - his wings and belly band are the same pale yellow as his face/head; his tail is blue (cobalt?) and medium yellow
3) Tsuki (Moon) - he has a white band around his belly (his dad is a true violet)
4) Shoku (Eclipse) - he's 1/2 English and his chest and belly are solid colored
5) Asahi (Rising Sun) - is a little lighter than this photo shows and looks more grey than he seems here

Attachments

·
Member of the Month August 2013
5,121 Posts
Oh my goodness I am stealing them all! Your flock is gorgeous!

Now for my guesses ...
Kumo ... Sky Blue YellowFace Type I (if no yellow in body) and Greywing. I am never sure about wing mutations though, they confuse me :)

Nigi ... Sky Blue YellowFace Type I, Dominant Pied

Tsuki ... Sky Blue Dominant Pied

Shoku ... Hard to see exact colouring but I think Mauve? Yellowface Type I

Asahi ... Sky Blue Yellowface Type I

·
Registered
2,247 Posts
Hi :wave:

Kumo is Yellowface I Sky Blue Opaline Spangle Greywing I think, but I've never seen anything like her, her wings are gorgeous!
Nigi is Yellowface I Cobalt Blue Dominant Pied, ans Tsuki is Cobalt Blue Dominant Pied Opaline.
I'm pretty sure Shoku is a Mauve Blue Normal, and I think Asahi is a Yellowface I Mauve Blue Normal, but do you think you could post a picture of him/her in better lighting? I can't quite tell from that one sorry. :eek:
Your flock is beautiful and I love their names. :)

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
Thank you Alexis! They are such a fun bunch of budgies. We just got Kumo and Nigi last week (they're upstairs in quarantine) but they talk with Tsuki and Shoku (who are downstairs) all day long.

Here's another picture of Asahi. I don't have too many photos because he passed away a few days after we brought him home. We took him to the emergency vet within hours of him acting sick but he died at the hospital a day later.

Asahi was such a sweetie! He was very friendly, affectionate, and tame. From the first moment home he'd run to the cage door as soon as someone would enter the room and wait to jump onto our hands and play. Even though we didn't have him for long, we miss him.

I've also attached another photo of Shoku from another angle.

Attachments

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.