Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
663 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Everyone,
I am new to this, and would like to know if my guess is correct about my budgie. I am thinking he is a Spangle Recessive Pied (if that combo is even possible). Also that he is probably a male. Does anyone know if I am correct? I'd love to hear feedback. Thanks. See pic below
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1344791846.693781.jpg

·
Registered
1,136 Posts
Yes it is a boy and I think it may actually be a dominant pied but unsure

·
Member of the Month
3,184 Posts
Agreed. Male and spangle and pied, but I'm also not sure he's a recessive pied. Has he got an iris ring? Can you post a pic from the front and back? Quite a stunner. :)

·
Registered
663 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks everyone! My baby does not have an iris ring. He is 6 months old and has already gone through his first molt, with no sign of the iris ring yet. That's why I thought he was probably a recessive, but maybe he's still too young to know for sure. Below are 2 pics that better show him from the front and back.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1344839471.243999.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1344839507.927197.jpg

·
Member of the Month January 2009
3,676 Posts
You have a spangle recessive pied male. The pied pattern clearly shows that he is a recessive pied so there is no need to check his eyes

·
Registered
923 Posts
Yep, male..............but I can't help you with mutations, i am color blind to blues and greens only. :eek:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.