Talk Budgies Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,921 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Although I don't have this bird anymore it is important for me to get this birds mutation, because I'm trying to figure out the parents' mutations. I think it is a green violet - just don't know the shade of green. I know it is Opaline as well.
Also can you help me with its gender?

·
Member of the Month March 2011
19,551 Posts
Looks like an opaline dark green to me...but a violet light green can look very simalar. Is there a chance the chick is split to blue? The blue/violet around the vent can be from a violet gene or from being split for blue as a chick :)

·
Registered
2,921 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
The mom of this bird is a lutino masking violet. This is a baby from her first clutch. At that time I didn't think much of him, but after I got a violet in the second round I was wondering. Like I said I don't have this bird anymore.
The gender is of more importance, because if it is male then the lutino is also masking Opaline. I don't think one can determine the sex of the bird from that picture, but it is the only one I have.
Thanks Lindsey!

·
Member of the Month March 2011
19,551 Posts
The mom of this bird is a lutino masking violet. This is a baby from her first clutch. At that time I didn't think much of him, but after I got a violet in the second round I was wondering. Like I said I don't have this bird anymore.
The gender is of more importance, because if it is male then the lutino is also masking Opaline. I don't think one can determine the sex of the bird from that picture, but it is the only one I have.
Thanks Lindsey!
A violet green is very likely then, do you know if either parent had a dark factor?

I am pretty sure the chick in that pic is a female the cere looks too light to be a male :)

·
Registered
2,921 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 · (Edited)
The lutino can have a dark factor - getting it from her visual violet father. The dad is that greygreen cin Spangle **** that we are not totally sure about.

·
Registered
2,921 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
09012012114.jpg
What I know of this bird is that he is spangle - got 3 baby spangle; he carries the cinnamon gene - also 3 cinnamon babies; he is split ino - got an albino (this means that the lutino is split for blue.
I'm pretty much sure he is a greygreen, because 1 Spangle baby's cheeck patches look more grey that violet. But that I will confirm when I breed with this pair again.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.