Talk Budgies Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
hi guys, I just want to know what kind of mutation she has, I'm guessing she's a sf dominant pied but I might be wrong though so I need some opinions from you guys, and I have this confusion with my other budgie if he is a mauve clearfligh or a mauve violet clearflight (I don't know if there is a mauve violet :D ) Thanks in advance :)

The picture is not the clearest I might took another picture of him :)

·
Member of the Month
4,269 Posts
Argh. My monitor won't show me consistently
if she is grey or blue, but she's definitely a
normal dominant pied, and a beautiful sweet
baby standing on your finger for her portraits :)

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Argh. My monitor won't show me consistently
if she is grey or blue, but she's definitely a
normal dominant pied, and a beautiful sweet
baby standing on your finger for her portraits :)
Actually the way I see her is a violet green but I might be wrong. Thanks she is really a sweetheart :)

·
Member of the Month January 2009
3,676 Posts
Looks like a dominant pied dark green to me. Dark green birds often have blueish feathers before their first moult.

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Hi ...I would say the the second one is a Mauve Dom Pied also.

Jerry
Really!? I actually thought that he is a clearflight, because I thought Dom. Pied has a clear band on their bellies, I guess I'm wrong then :D

·
Member of the Month March 2011
19,551 Posts
I agree, the first look like a dark green sf dominant pied (probably split for blue) and the second is a mauve sf dominant pied, you can see the incomplete band that most dominant pieds have under his wings :)

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I agree, the first look like a dark green sf dominant pied (probably split for blue) and the second is a mauve sf dominant pied, you can see the incomplete band that most dominant pieds have under his wings :)
Thanks again Lindsey :) I actually thought that he's a clearflight. I thought Dom. Pied has a clear band on their bellies, and I didn't know that having a clear band under their wings is also a factor for a Dom pied. Thanks again :)

·
Registered
235 Posts
It should have a band.... with the 50/50 wing marking and clear tail and head patch.Head patch is more of a band than patch and the belly band is missing,,,hence poorly marked dom pied, but dom pied none the less.

·
Member of the Month March 2011
19,551 Posts
Thanks again Lindsey :) I actually thought that he's a clearflight. I thought Dom. Pied has a clear band on their bellies, and I didn't know that having a clear band under their wings is also a factor for a Dom pied. Thanks again :)
As Jerry Sao most do have a clear band or at least a noticeable broken one, but not all do when they do not have the ideal markings. From years if mixing clear flights with dominants the marking have become closer and closer to the same in many ways. Clear flights usually have (if any) bloched markings high on the chest near the crop http://cutelittlebirdiesaviary.weebly.com/help-to-identify-clearflight-pied-budgies.html

Not all dominant pied have the typical clear band, some only have a broken band or even less in some cases of very poor markings, for example the budgie here all the way to the right: http://cutelittlebirdiesaviary.weebly.com/help-to-identify-single-factor-dominant-pied-budgies.html

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·

As Jerry Sao most do have a clear band or at least a noticeable broken one, but not all do when they do not have the ideal markings. From years if mixing clear flights with dominants the marking have become closer and closer to the same in many ways. Clear flights usually have (if any) bloched markings high on the chest near the crop http://cutelittlebirdiesaviary.weebly.com/help-to-identify-clearflight-pied-budgies.html

Not all dominant pied have the typical clear band, some only have a broken band or even less in some cases of very poor markings, for example the budgie here all the way to the right: http://cutelittlebirdiesaviary.weebly.com/help-to-identify-single-factor-dominant-pied-budgies.html
Ohhhh, now I know. :D I should go and look at your sight and read furthermore cause it really helps.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.