Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
936 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone,
i need some help with the out comes if i was to pair these two together.

the hen is "Aldieb" Opaline grey split for pied (her mothe was recessive).

the **** is "Tango" Lime green greywing, split for pied (patch on head and small one on chest-i didnt breed him so dont know what hidden mutations he has).

as they are both split for pied, would there be any pied babies or doesnt it work that way with being split for it?! i hope that makes sence :p

thank you for any help anyone can give me.

·
Registered
2,273 Posts
my first thought is that tango looks like a dominant pied rather than being split for rec pied... could be just how he looks int he picture but it seems he has yellow areas on his wing... and the mention of a spot on his body.

this will definitely affect the potential chick outcomes. but if he is split for rec pied you can get some rec pied babies from these two.

·
Registered
936 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
thank you Tonic, i wasnt too sue how that would work them both being split but now i get it. :)
here is another two pictures of tango taken in june 2010, of his head and chest spots.
when he was younger i never noticed them but as he has matured and his colour has come right in i noticed them, i just thought it was that he was split for pied.

·
Member of the Month January 2009
3,676 Posts
Assuming that you have Tango’s mutation right and he is split for recessive pied you should get about 25% recessive pied. You won’t get opaline unless tango is split for opaline and you won’t get greywing unless Aldieb is split for greywing. The chicks will be green & grey green if Tango is not split for blue but if he is split for blue you’ll get green, grey green, blue & grey

·
Registered
936 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
i had thought that but im not sure at all. and i cant really get a good picture of his wing markings, i just took some new pictures so ill see if i got any good ones, he isnt as flirty with the camera as my other males. :)

·
Registered
2,273 Posts
he is not spangle, and from those photos i don't think he is dom pied either, so i would go with nevs answer.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.