Talk Budgies Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay, i've been reading about the different colors and mutations and i have to say it's so overwhelming. I have to give much MAD respect to all of you who know this like the back of your hand.

I just have two questions (i think) LoL
first one is I have an albino. She's a White bird with red eyes. She's just over a year old. (She's the baby of one of my other birds). It is true that all albinos are female? And is it true that all Lutinos are female?

Second question is, I got Caine about a year ago from a pet store. And i've always wondered what she is. I know she's not albino due to the little bit of color she has. Is she a dark eye'd clear?

Oh and I have a third question. What is an Ino? And where can i find material on this? thanks for any help at all. This forum truly is the best place!

Here are some pictures of caine

Attachments

·
Registered
841 Posts
Hello
Gosh I know what you mean, I'm trying really hard but I can't even get my head around the basics lol. So I can't help at all,:rolleyes: but I just wanted to say that Caine looks very elegant and pretty. :)

·
Eternal Love
11,537 Posts
looks like a dilute in the picture , can we see a full body picture?

No it isnt ture that all Lutinos and Albinos are female , its just a sex linked gene
A Ino , is an Albino or Lutino

·
Member of the Month January 2009
3,676 Posts
I think that caine is a dilute blue and she could be cinnamon as well. It is often difficult to be sure of the mutations of very pale coloured budgies. Lutino & albino budgies are collectively called inos. They are available in both sexes but because ino is a sex-linked mutation females are more common

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.