Talk Budgies Forums banner
401 - 420 of 463 Posts

·
Premium Member
835 Posts
Discussion Starter · #405 ·
Continued success!
He really seems to go in for it now (him starting a molt may have something to do with it), but he has a really strong bathing response now :)

I literally just set him on that wooden perch and start spraying.
He crawls to the top of the cage door, then down the other side to spread his wings.

Property Plant Wood Mesh Pet supply

·
Administrator
57,908 Posts
Cody is right, you know. Hemi is going to be VERY possessive of you! I deal with that when it comes to Peachy with Pedro. (lovebirds)

·
Premium Member
835 Posts
Discussion Starter · #410 ·
Hemi is not going to want to share you with Kingston.:giggle:
Cody is right, you know. Hemi is going to be VERY possessive of you! I deal with that when it comes to Peachy with Pedro. (lovebirds)
So...what to do?
I mean, I don't want to give Hemi "less" attention if I can help it :(

I'm already concerned about what being flighted will mean for our daily routine since I can't easily chase him around if he decides to take off :)

·
Administrator
57,908 Posts
You'll simply have to encourage Hemi and Kingston to bond together as well as with you.
Letting them play together on their own from time to time will go a long way in encouraging that.
As they are both very young, it will be much easier than it was/is for me with Peachy and Pedro.

And, it may well be that Linnies are not as "possessive" as lovebirds!

·
Premium Member
835 Posts
Discussion Starter · #412 ·
You'll simply have to encourage Hemi and Kingston to bond together as well as with you.
Letting them play together on their own from time to time will go a long way in encouraging that.
As they are both very young, it will be much easier than it was/is for me with Peachy and Pedro.

And, it may well be that Linnies are not as "possessive" as lovebirds!
This should be doable :)

Linnies are typically very calm and "thoughtful" birds.
Now, I'm not sure how much thinking Hemi does at this point, but still ;)

·
Administrator
57,908 Posts
I think you'll be just fine. Simply be aware that initially Hemi may be jealous when he sees you paying attention to Kingston.
Then again, he may be so excited to meet his younger brother and have a same species friend that he won't mind a bit!!

Having one on each shoulder, arm or hand may be quite enough to alleviate any issues. :)

·
Premium Member
835 Posts
Discussion Starter · #414 ·
I think you'll be just fine. Simply be aware that initially Hemi may be jealous when he sees you paying attention to Kingston.
Then again, he may be so excited to meet his younger brother and have a same species friend that he won't mind a bit!!

Having one on each shoulder, arm or hand may be quite enough to alleviate any issues. :)
I already fully expect to have one perched on each side of my glasses... :ROFLMAO:

·
Registered
237 Posts
So...what to do?
I mean, I don't want to give Hemi "less" attention if I can help it :(

I'm already concerned about what being flighted will mean for our daily routine since I can't easily chase him around if he decides to take off :)
It’s not a problem with Bertie despite him being fully flighted. He’s like our shadow and we can get him into his cage pretty easily. It helps when I give him a treat as soon as I put him in. He loves raw shelled pumpkin seeds (unsalted). I think they’re called pepitas. They’re also a good training aid, too, to mix it up instead of millet.

If Hemi is bonded with you like Bertie is for us, he’ll be around you. All. The. Time. 😆

Liquid Fluid Font Terrestrial plant Screenshot

·
Registered
237 Posts
Also. Is it just me or is anyone else’s Amazon shopping history been taken over by mostly bird stuff? 😆

I get automatic Amazon reminders now, sometimes by our Alexa devices saying “based on your order history, would you like to order more bird seed?”

😱

·
Premium Member
835 Posts
Discussion Starter · #418 ·
It’s not a problem with Bertie despite him being fully flighted. He’s like our shadow and we can get him into his cage pretty easily. It helps when I give him a treat as soon as I put him in. He loves raw shelled pumpkin seeds (unsalted). I think they’re called pepitas. They’re also a good training aid, too, to mix it up instead of millet.

If Hemi is bonded with you like Bertie is for us, he’ll be around you. All. The. Time. 😆

View attachment 260974
Hemi flock calls for me if I happen to fall out of his field of vision.
this bird is 100% bonded to me ;)

401 - 420 of 463 Posts