Talk Budgies Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
5,665 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Here's Alfie - and his first experience of flight :)

Here's the story of Alfie. A couple of months ago I went to a local breeder to collect some birds I had ordered. All was well and good but I also saw this little soul sitting at the bottom of an isolation cage. I asked his story and the breeder pointed to another cage with 4 birds in it and told me they had plucked this little bird of his wing and tail feathers.

I asked if I could take him too and the breeder looked at me quite amazed and said - "OK, but there's no guarentee they'll grow back" I didn't care, I'd fallen in love with this little one and regardless whether his feathers grew back I would make sure he was looked after.

So meet Alfie, these first shots were taken after about 3 weeks when he had settled in: Alfie's story.

Look no wings !!
Or tail:

But just look at me now!

Mum has taken to bringing home birds that are less forunate than some - but I have benefitted!!

Did I tell you I had a girlfriend? She was in a similar position to me having had her wing feathers plucked and we're in lurve!

So to end my story, please tell me .... What am I?
Lots of Love from Alfie xxx

·
Registered
5,665 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you Teasha for the info and the karma - I got another another picture for Barrie's Spangle thread!!

Spangle or not though - out of all of my birds Alfie holds my heart !!

·
Member of the Month January 2009
3,676 Posts
A beautiful yellow face opaline spangle. The early pictures look more like fledging moult than the result of another bird plucking

·
Registered
3,436 Posts
Oh his very cute and a lucky little fella too!

·
Registered
5,665 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
A beautiful yellow face opaline spangle. The early pictures look more like fledging moult than the result of another bird plucking
I think he was only about 7 weeks old when I got him Nev - would they moult that early?

·
Registered
5,665 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks guys - I have to agree with you - he is the cutest and as I say I know you shouldn't really have favourites but ......

·
Registered
3,313 Posts
Debbie, that is such great news! Alfie looks so happy. I'm glad you took him in, poor little one. All on his own, being bullied :(

·
Registered
5,665 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I had no idea Mally, but thankfully Teasha stepped in and advised he is a YF 2 Cobalt Opaline Spangle. I'm hoping it won't be too long and I can put him in the main flight. I can't wait to see him take his first 'full flight'

·
Registered
99 Posts
only one word: AMAZING!

·
Registered
5,665 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Alfie gets his first flight!!! - Picture Overload

Alfie says thank you so much for the lovely comments and guess what!!!

I've been away since early Monday morning but on Sunday something happened ..........

Sssh .......................................................

He is now in the main flight area .............................................

Moments before freedom:

FREEDOM:

Wowsers - These really work!!!

"Hello - You look hot! Will you be my friend?"

O my - words can not describe it, he just seems so happy in there, playing, flying, having races.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.