Talk Budgies Forums banner
21 - 26 of 26 Posts

·
Super Moderator
3,850 Posts
I have little cloth bags like a mini shopping bag that I place the carrier in so they don't freak out seeing all new sights.

·
Administrator
56,543 Posts
Hi, Welcome to Talk Budgies!

Your four boys are very handsome and Cody has offered you excellent advice. :)

The purpose of this forum is to promote the BEST PRACTICES in the care of budgies for their optimal Health and Well-Being

Avian Association of Veterinarians

A Healthy Diet for your Budgie
Quality Seed Mix
CuttleBones, Mineral Blocks and Manu Clay Roses
Safe Foods for Budgies
The Truth about GRIT

Please take the time to read through the Site Guidelines, the FAQs, the Budgie Articles and all of the Stickies located at the top of each section of the forum.
Truly, the very BEST advice anyone can offer you is to take the time to read ALL of the stickies throughout the various Talk Budgie forums as well as the Budgie Articles we have posted.
These are great resources for Talk Budgie members and have a wealth of reliable information which will assist you to learn the best practices in caring for your budgies for their optimal health and well-being.

SITE GUIDELINES
List of Stickies
Posting on the Forums
Let's Talk Budgies!
FAQ
Articles
Be Prepared for Veterinary Care Expense
Avian First Aid
Quarantine IS Necessary!
A heartfelt plea to forum members new and old
Tips For Discouraging Breeding
Before You Ever Consider Breeding Your Budgies
Guidance for Breeding Advice Threads
Cage sizes.
Essentials to a Great Cage
Dangers to Pet Birds
Resource Directory

·
Registered
151 Posts
Top-entry travel cages have (in my experience) been a huge pain to deal with, as you're trying to put a frightened budgie into it so it's insanely difficult. Front-entry doors are much better in my opinion, especially if the bird 1) trusts you and 2) is used to and comfortable with the travel cage. You can just have them step up into the cage or, if worst comes to worst, put your arm in and have them forced to step up onto a perch.

Never getting a top-entry cage ever again. Also, can't stress enough how vitally important it is to let your budgies get used to the travel cage, have it somewhere they can see for as long as possible, days or weeks. Then slowly get them used to going inside it by baiting them with millet. Will make vet visits a doddle as they won't be apprehensive about going into the brand new travel cage.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Yes, it's my first time. My only prior bird experience has been either rescuing birds (in my yard growing up, here in NYC after window impacts, or in college in a bird rescue team in Florida) was taking care of 2 separate African greys (my 2 bosses birds) for a week at a time. These are my daughter's birds and named Snowy Owl, Captain Budgie (preening middle), Blueberry (preening right) and Loch Ness (inside cage). I need better pictures!

View attachment 258339
beautiful looking birds:) i hope they bring you much delight

21 - 26 of 26 Posts