Talk Budgies Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hoping someone can help me I've got 2 pairs of budgies 1 pair has been doing the deed the other one I think the male is too young but the pair that has been doing it she has been staying in the breeding box I've checked no eggs ,the 2 female had been fighting over that box ( there is 3 more boxes) so I took them out for a few days & she layer a egg in the little cage but problem is I put them back into big cage & the pair that are doing &still are haven't layer any eggs Why !!!!

·
Administrator
55,301 Posts
Hi, Welcome to Talk Budgies!

An individual needs to have a good background in basic budgie care and then do extensive research into the proper breeding practices prior to making the decision to accept the responsibility of the commitment required for breeding responsibly and ethically.

We do not condone colony breeding.
You need to remove all the nest boxes from the cage at this time.
Budgie pairs need to be separated into individual cages with individual breeding boxes after extensive research has been done.

A heartfelt plea to forum members new and old
Guidance for Breeding Advice Threads

Budgies do not need to be bred to be happy and will, in fact, be happier and healthier if they are not bred.
Given your questions, I would advise you to separate your budgies by gender and do extensive research before determining if your birds are the right age and temperament to consider breeding them.

Please take the time to read through the Site Guidelines, all of the How To Guides, the FAQs, the Budgie Articles and the stickies located at the top of each section of the forum.

Truly, the very BEST advice anyone can offer you is to take the time to read ALL of the stickies throughout the various Talk Budgie forums as well as the Budgie Articles we have posted.

These are great resources for Talk Budgie members and have a wealth of reliable information which will assist you to learn the best practices in caring for your budgies for their optimal health and well-being.

SITE GUIDELINES

List of Stickies

Posting on the Forums

Let's Talk Budgies!

FAQ

Articles

Be Prepared for Veterinary Care Expense

Avian First Aid

Quarantine IS Necessary!

Cage sizes.

Essentials to a Great Cage

Resource Directory

If you have any questions after reading through everything, please be sure to ask!

·
Super Moderator
17,998 Posts
Hi there and welcome to the forums! 👋

You've come to a great place to learn even more about the best of budgie care practices! You've been given great resources above by FaeryBee. Please be sure to ask if you have any questions after reading through anything as we'd be happy to help (y)

Cheers :D

1 - 4 of 4 Posts