Talk Budgies Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello! I just joined.
I have always loved all animals, especially horses, but I didn't realize how awesome parrots were until a few years ago. I walked into a pet store, and there was a cage full of cockatiels, and I fell in love. I had always thought budgies were pretty, with all their colors, but when I started researching cockatiels, I found out more about budgies and thought they might be a better fit. This year, with me staying home a lot, I decided that it was a good time for me to look into getting a budgie. By mid February, I had a budgie. I realize that I probably didn't do enough research before I brought her home, but now her housing situation is better.

I only have one budgie right now, her name is Tango. I love her so much, and she's so smart and energetic!
This is Tango, before she moved to her new cage.

Administrator
Hi, Welcome to Talk Budgies!

Tango is a real cutie! 馃挌

The purpose of this forum is to promote the BEST PRACTICES in the care of budgies for their optimal Health and Well-Being

Please take the time to read through the Site Guidelines, the FAQs, the Budgie Articles and all of the Stickies located at the top of each section of the forum.
Truly, the very BEST advice anyone can offer you is to take the time to read ALL of the stickies throughout the various Talk Budgie forums as well as the Budgie Articles we have posted.
These are great resources for Talk Budgie members and have a wealth of reliable information which will assist you to learn the best practices in caring for your budgies for their optimal health and well-being.

SITE GUIDELINES
List of Stickies
Posting on the Forums
Let's Talk Budgies!
FAQ
Articles
Be Prepared for Veterinary Care Expense
Avian First Aid
Quarantine IS Necessary!
A heartfelt plea to forum members new and old
Tips For Discouraging Breeding
Before You Ever Consider Breeding Your Budgies
Guidance for Breeding Advice Threads
Cage sizes.
Essentials to a Great Cage
Dangers to Pet Birds
Resource Directory

Super Moderator
Hi there and welcome to the forums!

Tango is adorable! Are you sure she's a girl? Despite the photo not being the best for determining gender, Tango may be a boy! When s/he's comfortable, it would be great to see another photo taken in natural light :D

Congratulations on getting your budgie! It's great to have you with us and you've come to a great place to learn even more about the best of budgie care practices!

Be sure to read through the links provided above by FaeryBee, which include the forums' many budgie articles and "stickies", to stay updated on everything. If you have any questions after doing so, please be sure to ask as we'd love to help.

Hope to see you around! 馃憢

Registered
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thank you both!
Are you sure she's a girl? Despite the photo not being the best for determining gender, Tango may be a boy! When s/he's comfortable, it would be great to see another photo taken in natural light :D
Well, I think. I do have more pictures in natural light, but I'll have to get them on my computer. I'll try tonight or tomorrow. Thanks!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.