Talk Budgies Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi all I'm new to the forum, sadly I am not here on good terms:(, I am having to sell my budgie (George) and cockatiel (lucky). the reason why I came on here was hoping one of you would be able to help. I first bought my budgie 1 year ago (not sure his age but told he was young), anyway he wasn't tame, took him home, tried and tried for months but he didn't seem intrested, eventually he started eating millet out my hand, but that's the furthest it ever went, he would always fly away if I had no millet. my friend was then having to get rid of his cockatiel, she was tame so I bought her (only a couple months old at the time) as she wanted someone that he knew would look after her. she loves the attention and whistles away to me, George at first wasn't sure, but after a few weeks there best pals, George does not like lucky or anyone being in his cage when he is in it (likes his own space),therefore they are in separate cages, though when there both out they get on great and George will clean lucky while making little tweeting noises!, also George is now semi tame as lucky seemed to have brought him out his shell, he will now come onto my hand when its time to go in the cage, unlike lucky he never flies near me or comes to land on me but I'm sure with the right care and attention he will become tame, as much as I'm going to regret this I have to let them to go someone who will give them more attention,due to change in circumstances I can no longer keep the birds, I'm on here to see if anyone would like to buy them?, must go together as I don't want them separated, i don't want to put them on gumtree etc and sell them to anyone, i want them to go to a loving and caring home that i know they will get looked after!

·
Administrator
57,084 Posts
Jamie,

Where are you located?
How old is George?
What is his current diet?
Will George's cage and all the accessories go with him?
Has George had any health issues in the time you'v had him?

The same questions apply to Lucky.
How old is Lucky?
What is his current diet?
Will Lucky's cage and all the accessories go with him?
Has Lucky had any health issues in the time you've had him?

What are you expecting with regard to remuneration for the two birds?

The more information you can provide, the more helpful it will be for anyone who may be interested.

FaeryBee (Deborah)
Talk Budgies Administrator

·
Super Moderator
18,583 Posts
Hi Jamie and :welcome: to the forums!

You've been given great advice; it's alway best to give as much information possible when needing to rehome your little ones.

We have had several members adopt birds from each other in the past, so I wish you the best of luck and hope that someone on here is interested! :fingerx:

Keep us posted on how things go!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
hi there sorry I have missed out a bit of info, George is 1 year and a half, semi tame still needing some work, lucky is just under 1 year( will find out exact age tomorrow), she was hand rare and is really tame, loves the attention lol, George diet is budgie food from pets at home and lucky is on the cockatiel food from the same store, I have tried different foods and they don't seem to bother with it so just a seed diet, none of them have had any illness's, both cages and accessories will be going with the birds, im in Scotland, Stewarton, regularly in the fife area aswell so birds could be delivered, price wise im not too sure, im really needing help as im no expert, I don't want to be too generous with price nor be too greedy! lol,georges cage is about 5 month old cost £50 new

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
just my luck lol, hopefully:thumbup:
just I don't want to put the birds up for sale on gumtree etc as I don't want anyone to have them, I want someone who is going to look after the both of them for the rest of the birds life hopefully!, just unfortunate my circumstances have changed :(, do you know a rough price guide for what the birds are worth?

·
Administrator
57,084 Posts
It would be best for you to check listings in the area where you are as prices can vary the world over.

You might want to consider contacting veterinarians in your area. Some in the U.S. will allow people to advertise animals for sale at their facilities.

You can prepare a questionnaire and interview anyone who is interested in adopting your birds.
The final decision on whom you allow to adopt them rests with you.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.