Talk Budgies Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
5,557 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So far I have a cobalt male normal, skyblue normal dominant (spot back head is dom right?) pied female and yf2 opanine probably skyblue female.

I will be getting 6 or 7 other birds hopefully.

He doesn't mix spangles and opalines.

Which other 6 or 7 birds would give me a variety? I for sure want a grey, yf recessive pied violet, violet greywing. But not sure past that point. I do love spangles and a bird similar Zeenas Smore, which is a violet grey spangle recessive pied I think.

Anyways please and thank you!!!

·
Registered
7,173 Posts
Hi Teasha :)
I guess it all depends on what you want and which ones the breeder has. I know for me when I want to get a particular budgie, it is not uncommon for them to not have the exact mutation so I end up settling for something similar or something completely different.
By the way, Smore is quite honoured ;) Smore's exact mutation is violet grey spangle split for recessive pied. If you want a picture to maybe show to a breeder, I will provide you with one.
Good luck!

Attachments

·
Registered
2,273 Posts
well, that is a question with any number of answers! i really love yf spangles and esp violet ones so would get a spangle for sure. opaline violet rec pied combo would be lovely too!

the bird with the white dot may be a dom pied with very poor markings or it could be split for recessive pied. I would think it is more likely to be split for recessive pied.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.