Talk Budgies Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
254 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Horatio's just about a year old now, and clearly interested in mating (to Alice's dismay, as she's not pleased that he keeps trying to feed her climb on her back), but his cere still hasn't turned blue. He doesn't look like any of the mutations that would retain a pink-purple cere (I've attached some photos; sorry, he was a little raggedy from molting in a couple of them), but I was just curious as to what he is. Is he a mutation that will retain his pink-purple cere for life, or do some budgies' ceres just take longer to change than others?

Thank you!

Attachments

·
Registered
433 Posts
Hi, I'm not good with mutations. But I just wanted to say that Horatio is beautiful and adorable and you are very lucky. :) Good luck.

·
Registered
1,152 Posts
I'd say he was a gray wing, but his feet are pink :S Maybe a dilute? What colour are his tail feathers?

·
Registered
235 Posts
Hello ...I would guess him to be a possible(violet)sky blue grey wing..or a full body color grey wing by the depth of color in the first and last pic's.He will have blue cere when in top breeding condition after coming out of a molt.

Regards Jerry:)

·
Registered
254 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I'd say he was a gray wing, but his feet are pink :S Maybe a dilute? What colour are his tail feathers?
His tail is pretty dirty--when we first got him he liked to dip his tail in the water dish and rub it on their orange mineral block, so he needs to molt some tail feathers, lol--but it looks like it's white, gray, and light blue. I always assumed he was just a dilute cobalt, but I know next to nothing about mutations, so I figured I'd ask the experts. :)

Hello ...I would guess him to be a possible(violet)sky blue grey wing..or a full body color grey wing by the depth of color in the first and last pic's.He will have blue cere when in top breeding condition after coming out of a molt.

Regards Jerry:)
Thank you! :) I thought I saw his cere starting to turn blue awhile ago, but it never turned fully blue, and once during a visit to the avian vet I was told they weren't sure he was a boy because of his purple cere (although it's a teaching hospital, and it was just the student vets that said that, not the actual avian vet).

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.