Talk Budgies Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey, I have 10 budgies but I really want a grey one does anyone know what colour budgies I should breed to get a grey one ??? :S

·
Registered
1,006 Posts
hi there :)
i just bought a grey budgie last week s/he is beautiful. the breeder already had grey ones in there breeding BUT my last generation of budgies had grey babies and they are actually from the blue line. When my last generation had grey budgies (they have all passed now) :( i had an olive green male and a cobalt female. so maybe if you try that you might end up with a grey. OR you can try 2 blues, since grey comes from the blue line. Hope this helps :)

P.S. if your budgies do end up breeding a grey you'll have to let me know :)

·
Banned
3,545 Posts
Hey, I have 10 budgies but I really want a grey one does anyone know what colour budgies I should breed to get a grey one ??? :S

Spray paint and brush, the one on the right I just painted :p Good luck!! I just found these guys at the local pet store, never seen this color before. I'm told they are called grey wings, very beautiful!!

·
Registered
882 Posts
i had an olive green male and a cobalt female. so maybe if you try that you might end up with a grey.
Most likely that olive was a grey and you just couldn't tell. It's less obvious on green and especially dark green budgies. It is not genetically possible to get a grey without having a grey. If you want to breed grey budgies you will need to buy a grey budgie. You can't create the color if the gene does not exist and being dominant if it exists you have a visibly grey bird.

·
Member of the Month January 2009
3,676 Posts
What akane has said is correct: You can't breed a grey budgie unless one of the parents is grey or grey green

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.