Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Banned
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
budgies in pair yes or no

I have a new parrot names Goody.He s unbealeavable smart for their 2 weeks while he is here at his new home.He is from pet store...There have a female and male budgie ,he is very young male-around 4 months.Females i never have-budgies,only one pretty agresive love bird female,and one female finch which died on her third nest with broke egg.I heared that budgies is very easy to nest his eggs,but i dont have some nest and big cage if it s nessesery for two if i have?Ecctualy- i neded profesionaly opinion yes or no companion for him what female,age,ecctualy months,and in which rules?I very love birds ,perrots is very nice and hope to give me a good advices to get together one small bird family.Links me please which is things which i need to buy for pair budgies or to read.And also how much time he must to celebrate here alone to get friend.And how to bring about new and ussualy how to take care about female?:001_rolleyes:

·
Administrator
55,116 Posts
You would be better off to get your new budgie a male friend to keep him company. Two males can become best buddies and you don't have to worry about discouraging breeding which you are not prepared for at this point in time.

Anytime you bring a new bird into your home, please be sure to observe quarantine.

Quarantine means housing your new bird in a different cage in a different room as far away as possible from the room where your current bird(s) are housed for a period of 30-45 days.
Budgies mask symptoms when they are ill. Symptoms may not show up for over two weeks.
Often you will not even realize your bird is not well. Many budgie illnesses are airborne which is why you need to quarantine your new bird in a completely different room.
Why Quarantine?

It is also a good idea to always take a new budgie in to see an Avian Vet for a "well-birdie" check-up. This allows you to develop a good relationship with the vet and the vet can establish a baseline for your bird in case of any future illnesses or injuries.

Distinction between an Avian Vet and a Vet that "Will See Birds"

Budgies need to be caged separately from parrots, lovebirds, etc.
They are small birds that can be easily injured.

http://talkbudgies.com/housing-budgies/24411-cage-sizes.html
http://talkbudgies.com/housing-budgies/31719-essentials-great-cage.html

Breeding budgies is not something that should ever be undertaken without a strong basic knowledge about budgies and their care followed by extensive research into the best practices for breeding.
I would suggest you spend at least a year learning about your budgie(s) and how to best care for them before beginning your research into the proper conditioning, and preparations necessary for breeding.
http://talkbudgies.com/budgie-breeding/327881-heartfelt-plea-forum-members-new-old.html

If you begin by reading all of the articles in the Budgie Articles Forum and all of the stickies at the top of each section of the forum, you will learn a great deal about budgies and how to care for them.

Site Guidelines
How-To Guides
FAQs Frequently Asked Questions
Budgie Articles
http://talkbudgies.com/general-budgie-talk/295001-list-stickies.html
http://talkbudgies.com/general-budgie-talk/333106-posting-forums.html
http://talkbudgies.com/general-budgie-talk/295033-prepared-veterinary-care-expense.html
Avian First Aid

Best wishes!

·
Exceptional Service Award Recipient
21,788 Posts
Hi again! :)

You did have a female budgie only briefly, she had health problems, possibly Psittacine Beak and Feather Disease: http://talkbudgies.com/determining-gender/341522-gender-little-budgie-please.html

Since you are relatively new to budgies, it's best that you become more familiar with the species and to spend time in getting to know Goody and to form a solid, trusting bond him.
Depending on personality, solo budgies make excellent pets and they are perfectly happy in being kept as single pets.

At this point in time, it's not wise to be thinking of getting Goody a female companion for them to breed and raise a family.
A deep knowledge of the species, real life experience in budgie ownership combined with the necessary research into the subject are needed in order to be better equipped and prepared for the commitment and responsibility which is breeding and raising pet birds.

Please read the following links:

http://talkbudgies.com/articles-gen...ship-differences-dynamics-between-flocks.html

http://talkbudgies.com/budgie-breeding/327881-heartfelt-plea-forum-members-new-old.html

You can also take your time in reading the Articles and various sticky threads located at the top part of each section of Talk Budgies, by doing so you will learn a great deal on general bird care and you will have the foundations to provide your budgie everything he needs to be happy and healthy.

·
Banned
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Aluz,
,,You did have a female budgie only briefly, she had health problems, possibly Psittacine Beak and Feather Disease: Gender of little budgie,please!?''
I know what sicking problems Julia have.It was terrible for me.I m not now sure that its you in right that you sad on english translation names of its illnes but probably you in right,i will say you later when i be sure,must on latin again to read.its about beak and feather and its terrible virus ,comming throgh air also.So it s difficult if you have near or after a birds.
For Little Goody I will think,because of his smartests and talks ocuppation,maybe he will not be bored.he look at already me when fly and want to stand , through room even he almost dont know me truly,very simpathic.
thanks Aluz And Faery bee for support in my thinking!

·
Banned
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited by Moderator)
You're very welcome! :)
For all the information and tips on how to form a strong and solid bond with Goody, you can check the stickies in this section: Taming and Bonding - Talk Budgies Forums

Best of luck with Goody!
Thank you very much,you are good friend,needed to my budgie and me . :)

I think it is very wise of you to decide not to get a companion for Goody at this time.

If, in about 6 months or so you think he needs a same-species friend, then you can consider getting him a little male buddy. ;)

Best wishes!
Please,are you sure in that Faery Bee?For now ,his early baby months he will be sure alone.Maybe I would later wish a one friend because they are real adorable of course if then is no problem about two guys in cage?if can somebody can get me opinion about that situation let be free to get me advice.For the Dobrica(Goody)is now not nessesery to get friend ,he is absolutly unbealeavable!Like some little human...I adore him.Thanks for answer.:green pied::pied lovie::)

·
Banned
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Aluz,You did have a female budgie only briefly, she had health problems, possibly Psittacine Beak and Feather Disease: Gender of little budgie,please!?
Yes.I think thats it.its realy dangerous.is there some threat about that illness?now i have only Good{-y}=Dobri{-ca}.little male.she-July, was my only female ,aldought my white or albino budgies which i have a long time ago and doesnt know gender,i was think at this time thet thay are females but never lies eggs.

·
21,788 Posts
Aluz,You did have a female budgie only briefly, she had health problems, possibly Psittacine Beak and Feather Disease: Gender of little budgie,please!?
Yes.I think thats it.its realy dangerous.is there some threat about that illness?now i have only Good{-y}=Dobri{-ca}.little male.she-July, was my only female ,aldought my white or albino budgies which i have a long time ago and doesnt know gender,i was think at this time thet thay are females but never lies eggs.
If you have taken all the precautions on disinfecting everything after Julia was rehomed, then Goody should be safe from harm.

FaeryBee has given you sound advice. If you are able to spend quality time and give daily attention to Goody and he is happy and responds well to the interactions you have with him, then you can hold off on getting him budgie friend.

It's best to take a couple of months at least to get to know Goody's personality and to see if he is happy by being a solo budgie or not.
By then you will be in a better position to make a choice that will benefit Goody in terms of his overall happiness.

If later on you decide that it's in Goody's best interests to get him a same species friend, then you can get him a male budgie for him to be friends with.
Budgie boys are able to form good bonds and this way you won't have to worry about unwanted breeding behaviour and eggs.

If you haven't done so already, be sure to read the links previously given on the posts above. :)

·
Banned
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
maybe newbie

I could made for a year a new good home for budgies-pair possible not only for two guys,maybe could be female.I m understand that i dont know nothing about females and breeding but i will learn for a year and ask a commpetitions people for advices,and hope that it can maybe be a not so bad choise,what do you think?And chicks which maybe will come is it possible.I m ready for shopping nessesery things,but problems is periods or seasons in nature which i want to respect when they stay at home,in cages.Ecctualy birds-budgie nature...Every advices is wellcoming!Thanks. :) :eek:live linnie::cobalt linnie:

·
Super Moderator
17,946 Posts
If you do thorough research for a year and get an experienced and qualified breeder to teach you how to properly care for breeding budgies, then you may be able to explore breeding then :)

Before that time, though, I would spend time with your boy you have currently and learn about breeding during that time so no "accidents" happen before you're fully prepared.

Once you research thoroughly, you can introduce a female, and when you get to know all your birds completely as well as are aware of breeding practices and everyone is at the right age to breed (between 1 and 4 years of age), then you can proceed with breeding :thumbsup:

·
Banned
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #13 (Edited)
Starling wings ,,I would spend time with your two boys ''-i dont have yet other male.Just Dobrica male.And Julia is given from me because of illneses.
Of course your advice is reasonable and i will thinking abouth the this theme.I want to prepare everething before i decided the good option.
Just want to somebody say me ,could be Dobrica some day be bored to some pretty young lady ,to i must separate them for a little,because of eggs and fertile period ,saying on easy way ,because thats pretty commplicated situation.
Maybe i m scare a little for breeding conditions and to have male,i probably decided to get onather male for good Dobrica companion for a few months from now.Is he must be young or can be a little older,thats why i want to be sure that he is a male and i dont have other place to buy them only one pet shop where is birds from one domestic farm.But shoppers dont know or dont want to tells costumers gender of birds.
I dont think about female because i dont have from whom to learn good advices about budgies.

·
Banned
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
For few months i decide to get another budgie- male, for my young male budgie Dobrica.
yelow and white or albino dont make sanse to ask because i dont understand how looks genders ,so please dont talk about it.
I want young blue birdie probably or maybe ,but littler more littler yelow green budgie.I want young and maybe some unusual mutation but nothing so esspecialy,but have problem to determine gender of young male of these possibility of budgies?
Is the purple ceres of young males like on my Dobrica(which i didnt know when i was buy who it is...)a safe way to decide and to buy male.its important to they be just friends,please attention because i dont need female.
Please the easyest way to determine differents to young males from young females?
i plan to buy new bird from one pet shop where they dont talk about gender but they have beautiful birds from one farm.its the safest place where i can buying so please help.:wave::clap::bowrofl:

·
21,788 Posts
Hi again! I thought you were giving some time to bond with Dobrica before thinking of getting a second budgie. :S

If you are adamant in getting a friend for Dobrica so soon, then you can tell the gender on young males by looking at the colour on the cere.
Budgies that have a solid, uniform pink or purplish ceres are young males.
When males of normal colour mutations mature, their cere will change to a deep and rich royal blue colour.

As for young females or females out of breeding condition, they will have very light bluish mingled with white ceres and white rings around the nostril area.
So for your specific case, it's best to stay away from budgies with mainly white coloured ceres or with tan to dark brown ceres as all of these are females.

When you go to this farm, you can try to take a photo or two of the young budgie you would like to purchase and we can help you out in correctly identifying the gender.

·
Administrator
55,116 Posts
I've merged your thread regarding getting a friend for Dobrica into this one about determining gender.

From what I understand, you are not planning to get a new friend for Dobrica for several months and you want to learn how to determine gender before you do so. You are planning to get a male friend for Dobrica in a few months time so he will have a good buddy to play with and you will not have to worry about the two birds breeding. :D

Learning to tell the gender can take some time but you can do it with practice. :)
Start with the threads I've linked below.
You can practice by trying to determine the gender in pictures of different budgies that are posted throughout the forum.

·
Banned
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Dobrica alone or not much more later will be

Aluz hi again.,,Hi again! I thought you were giving some time to bond with Dobrica before thinking of getting a second budgie'',Dobrica spending his time alone and dont want friend.I dont want to get him a buddy ,only if he realy wish him.So ,dont worry,he have all my patience and time for now.Because of his indipendent i realy dont know how it will look with some form of budgie ,,team'' in my house.He is realy specific and a young.Finaly,must go some time before i would think about some pair male if it i chose like option.Farm of pets givs birdie for a weekly time to spend in shop and they after avian.vet.control going back to farm.In this shop is always so many birdie,maybe some speific can you see for two times ,ecctually two your different arrivals like i sow Dobrica while he wasnt mine yet for two times and third time i chosse,but in many situation is wery confused situation.I will try some day in future to photo some birdies and to ask ,maybe to se your opinion,you real a greate friend Aluz.I and Dobrica send you a big kiss.And dont worry about him,he is satisfied now really!:Love birds:

·
Super Moderator
17,946 Posts
Sorry for the confusion--I knew you just had your one boy Dobrica, I don't know why I said that :eek:

Anyways, the advice still stands, and you really shouldn't get him a friend right now, so you're right :)

Deborah and Aluz have given great advice! :D

·
Banned
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Dobrica will get a family for a year

Dobrica for first start to get a big cage,and after that maybe young female.Thats planing for next year while then they stay in different cages and rooms.Maybe I must to lear something about breeding conditions ,but ,I have atime will and possibility.:cobalt linnie::albino:

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.