Talk Budgies Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
329 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone, I have F10CL Avian Disinfectant Concentrate. Is this adequate for killing mites? Or do I need to fully scrub the entire cage with water and diluted vinegar? I have no idea how to kill these parasites outside of a bird. I would like an effective way. Keep in mind, my cages are 2m tall, and 1m wide, so scrubbing each surface by hand will be a huge hassle (but I'll do it if need be).

I was hoping I can just spray the F10CL all over the cage and leave it for 10 minutes to kill the mites, but nowhere on this product information does it say it's effective for mites.

·
Administrator
59,209 Posts
I can't say that it "kills" mites. It is considered a good cleaner to use to disinfect areas that have been exposed to mites, however.
  • Kills all types of pathogen – F10SC is bactericidal, virucidal, fungicidal, sporicidal.
  • Minimal chance of microbial resistance due to F10SC’s unique benzalkonium chloride and polyhexamethylene biguanide combination of actives and mode of action.
  • Non-corrosive, non-toxic, non-tainting, non-irritating, aldehyde-free.
  • Highly cost effective.
  • Biodegradable & ecologically friendly.
  • Tried, tested, independently verified and documented, and approved around the world.
F10 SC Disinfectant is
  • A biodegradable multipurpose disinfectant for all hard surfaces, equipment and airspaces.
  • Aldehyde and Lodine Free
  • Non-Irritating “Non-Corrosive”
Active Constituents:

54g/L BENZALKONIUM CHLORIDE
4g/L POLY (HEXAMETHYLENE BIGUANIDE HYDROCHLORIDE) HYDROCHLORIDE

·
Registered
329 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yeah right now I use the F10 whenever I fully clean the cage, I just spray it all down (birds are out ofc) and let it air dry. But I've heard mites can be shed and remain in the cage / on perches for a few days.

I don't want to be stuck in air sac mite limbo where they keep coming back. I also don't want to have to remove all cage accessories and thoroughly clean them over and over.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts