Talk Budgies Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a white hen and she is not albino. I have paired her up with 2 different males. First a green dominant pied male which produced all green and yellow birds. Then I paired her with a sky blue male that has a yellow face and grey wings. All the babies came out either dark blue or pale blue. I am wondering what color male should I breed her with to get some white birds? Any advice is appreciated.

ERIC:budgie:

·
Member of the Month March 2011
19,551 Posts
What do you mean she is all white but not an albino? Do you have any pics of her?
The only other birds that are pure white are dark eyed clears and double factor spangles. But unless we know what she is its hard to tell you what to pair her with =)

·
Member of the Month January 2009
3,676 Posts
She is probably a double factor spangle. If she is pairing her with a blue spangle will produce about 50% white chicks.

The other possibility is that she is a dark eyed clear. In that case pairing her with a blue recessive pied should produce some white chicks

If she has iris rings she will be a double factor spangle. If she has no iris rings she is probably a dark eyed clear

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Eye rings!

Well she does have white iris rings and when you look at her very closely you can see some very faint color on her wings. The color is very pale but visible!

·
Registered
2,273 Posts
Yes that's right! She is not an albino because she has white iris rings!!
hi there,

albinos have red eyes and an iris ring, so the iris ring would be right for an albino.

if she has dark eyes she could be one of the varieties suggested by nev.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
White budgie!

I have to tell you that the male I paired her with before is a sky blue greywing. I got some very dark blue babies from this paring almost an ocean blue...very pretty!

·
3,676 Posts
I have to tell you that the male I paired her with before is a sky blue greywing. I got some very dark blue babies from this paring almost an ocean blue...very pretty!
Did they have Spangle wing markings?

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
No they do not have spangle markings. They have the normal black pattern. One of the babies i got also is a hen with a white head and an almost purple colored body. She is very pretty! She has no black pattern at all on her wings. She is one solid color with the white head!

·
3,676 Posts
No they do not have spangle markings. They have the normal black pattern. One of the babies i got also is a hen with a white head and an almost purple colored body. She is very pretty! She has no black pattern at all on her wings. She is one solid color with the white head!
If they had a normal wing pattern your bird is not a double factor spangle

Can you post some photos?

·
♥Budgies No.1 fan♥
3,368 Posts
I would like to see some pics of your hen. Sounds very unusal.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Sure I'll get a pic of her for you. She has two babies right now. I have to say I'm a bit confused still. When I look at her up close she has very bright white eye rings and her pupils are very dark but not red. I have her paired up with a green and yellow dominant pied male. So far one baby will look like dad and the other is a pale green all over!! I'd really like to try and breed her to a different male to get some other white birds but not sure what color male will work!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.