Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,549 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

Quick question in order to verify something...

If neither mum or dad have visable cinnamon..
it's up to dad to be "split/part" cinnamon. (invisible cinnamon) otherwise there wil not be a cinnamon baby..
true or false?

If neither mum or dad have visable cinnamon,
a baby boy can not be "split/part" cinnamon. (invisible cinnamon)
true or false?

Greetings,
Debbie

·
MOTM March 2012
5,292 Posts
Cinnamon is sex linked. Hens is they carry the gene MUST show it, you can not get a hen carrying it, the only exception I can think of would be in the case of double factor spangles, Nev or Tonic can probably clear that up though.

Your are right in thinking **** birds can carrying it though, a **** bird can either show it or be split for it meaning he can produce cinnamon offspring but is not a visual cinnamon himself.

Now if you pair a split **** or a visual **** to a normal hen you have a chance of cinnamons but ANY cinnamon bird from that pairing will be a hen. There is a chance that **** birds from this pairing will be split for cinnamon but not all are guaranteed to be split for it.
If you pair a cinnamon hen to a normal **** bird that is not split you will not get cinnamons, however the **** birds from this pairing will be split for cinnamon.

In order to get **** birds that show cinnamon you must pair a cinnamon hen either to a cinnamon **** or a **** split for cinnamon.

I hope this helps, and please feel free to correct me if I am wrong.

·
Member of the Month January 2009
3,676 Posts
Hi,

Quick question in order to verify something...

If neither mum or dad have visable cinnamon..
it's up to dad to be "split/part" cinnamon. (invisible cinnamon) otherwise there wil not be a cinnamon baby..
true or false?
That's is correct, you can only get a visible cinnamon if the **** has genes for cinnamon. Even if the hen is cinnamon there won't be any visible cinnamon chicks unless the **** also has the gene

If neither mum or dad have visable cinnamon,
a baby boy can not be "split/part" cinnamon. (invisible cinnamon)
true or false?
Not quite correct.
If the father has genes for cinnamon he could pass these on to some of his sons in a split form.

Cinnamon can be masked by a double factor spangle. Also it is often hard to see on some greywings, dilutes & pieds

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.