Talk Budgies Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have an english budgie that escaped and when i got home i noticed blood on the wall and two spots on the ceiling. i have a punched ceiling and im sure thats what cut her head. i found her sitting on the cupboard so i grabbed her and looked at her head. It was already scabbed over so i diddnt want to pick it off. I put her back in the cage and she is acting fine and snuggling up to her man but im wondering what should be done. Any help would be appreciated thank you

·
DEACTIVATED ACCOUNT
2,326 Posts
Once the bleeding has stopped, there's not a lot you can do. However, keep a close eye on her. Her boy may preen her and accidentally reopen the wound. And make sure it didn't get infected. After about a day I'd suggest getting her out and cleaning her head to make sure that nothing is swollen. But sounds like she's fine right now, just keep an eye on her.

·
Administrator
59,706 Posts
I'd suggest you put a lock on the upper cage door so she cannot manage to open it again in the future. In the meantime, you can clip it closed with a clothespin.

The biggest concern is the wound reopening. Tomorrow or the next day you can use a sterile saline solution (available at the pharmacy) to rinse the wound. That should be all that is necessary to prevent infection.

·
Registered
37,335 Posts
It must of been quite scary for her if they do not get out of cage time to fly around. I am glad she seems to be ok. She will possibly be tired a well, and her poops may become a little runny or different from her normal ones this will be from stress.:budgie:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.