Talk Budgies Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Long Term Active Member Award April 2015
4,532 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Before I start just let me state... I am NOT allowing this pair to hatch their eggs.
I have 5 budgies... A 4 yr old hen and her 4 - 3 yr old chicks that are 2 hens and 2 males. The hen is a green Dom pied, the father of the chicks was a slate opaline, split to albino. The chicks are 2 female lutinos , one male dark green Dom pied and one dark green normal male.
The normal male and one of the lutino hens have bonded and been mating for the last 2 yrs with no eggs, but this year she decided to lay.. So far she has laid 4 eggs, which I have removed and replaced with white marbles.. Poor little girl is sitting on imposters!!

My question is this... If their father was split to albino, does that automatically make this male split to ino as well... If they were allowed to hatch ( no I am not considering it.. Just very curious ) would the babies, both male and female be lutino? Would ALL the babies be ino? Or just a percentage?

G

·
My question is this... If their father was split to albino, does that automatically make this male split to ino as well... If they were allowed to hatch ( no I am not considering it.. Just very curious ) would the babies, both male and female be lutino? Would ALL the babies be ino? Or just a percentage?
No, the offsprings of the original dad is not split for ino but they are split for opaline. I used the punnet square theory to deduce the mutations.

Hence, all females are inos and all males are split for opaline (and not split for ino) since the dad is Opaline split for ino.

In summary, the inbreeding chicks would be 50% opaline females and 25% normals males split for ino and 25% normals males split for opaline and ino. There won't be any ino chicks here.

·
MOTM March 2012
5,292 Posts
Before I start just let me state... I am NOT allowing this pair to hatch their eggs.
I have 5 budgies... A 4 yr old hen and her 4 - 3 yr old chicks that are 2 hens and 2 males. The hen is a green Dom pied, the father of the chicks was a slate opaline, split to albino. The chicks are 2 female lutinos , one male dark green Dom pied and one dark green normal male.
The normal male and one of the lutino hens have bonded and been mating for the last 2 yrs with no eggs, but this year she decided to lay.. So far she has laid 4 eggs, which I have removed and replaced with white marbles.. Poor little girl is sitting on imposters!!

You could expect some of the males to have inherited it in split form but not all.
Expectations would be that half of the males would be split to Ino the other half not.

However you would only know by breeding.

So in short there is a possibility your males are split in Ino but not a guarantee.

·
Long Term Active Member Award April 2015
4,532 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks guys.. I guess I will never really know... But was just really curious.. She loves her marbles tho...lol

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.