Talk Budgies Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Member of the Month
3,184 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I posted under budgie pictures as well. My little grey bird has the local avian club and a veterinarian stumped. Any help as to his color? Thanks a bunch!

Attachments

·
Registered
2,273 Posts
looks like a grey cinnamon normal, does it have a little white patch on the back of its head or is it just the picture angle?

·
Registered
2,750 Posts
I also thought cinnamon gray, cinnamon just means brown markings instead of black, and a normal grey is the color of the body. If that is a white patch on its head it might be pied too.

·
Registered
1,484 Posts
I would say your bird is a cinnamon (brown wings) Normal (normal wing markings) blue series(blue body color) because of the blue cheek patches with a high ratio or grey factor (grey in the body color) The white spot on the head can also mean a bird is carrying a pied mutation.

·
Member of the Month
3,184 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I had to go check his head. That is not a white spot on his head like my other pied. He is all stripes back there. And his markings are definitely grey and not brown. Does that still qualify him as cinnamon? The little spots they get that are usually black are dark slate grey on him and his little cheek patches are a cornflower blue. I'll try to post some better pictures soon. Thanks for continuing to help!

·
Registered
870 Posts
If his marking were grey, would that not make him a greywing grey? Or a diluted grey? I'm curious to know.

·
Registered
2,273 Posts
if they are grey he could be a greywing grey, his markings are too dark for a dilute.

photos can alter colour quite a bit, the markings definitely look brown in them, are they grey or grey/brown?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.