Talk Budgies Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,080 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I was told that Winter's mutation is: Full Body Coloured Greywing Violet Cobalt.

I read on a website that FBC Greywings come from Greywing and Clearwing parents. Is this true?

If that is so, then would that make Winter Split to Clearwing?

If that is so, then if I pair up Winter to a Clearwing hen, will I get Clearwing chicks?

Is it possible to tell what mutations Winter might be split to even if I think it's not possible unless I breed him...but even then, the recessive alleles will not show up.

Then according to this, does it also make him split to Dilute? If so, can I get Dilute chicks if I breed him?

·
Registered
1,583 Posts
I have no idea how to answer any of your questions, but I want to say how I love Winter's mutation whatever it is! :love:

Lisa

·
Registered
1,022 Posts
Meeeeee to! I knew winter was cute but I didn't realize what a stunning bird he is!!

Sent from my BlackBerry 9300 using Tapatalk

·
Member of the Month January 2009
3,676 Posts
I read on a website that FBC Greywings come from Greywing and Clearwing parents. Is this true?

If that is so, then would that make Winter Split to Clearwing?

If that is so, then if I pair up Winter to a Clearwing hen, will I get Clearwing chicks?

Is it possible to tell what mutations Winter might be split to even if I think it's not possible unless I breed him...but even then, the recessive alleles will not show up.

Then according to this, does it also make him split to Dilute? If so, can I get Dilute chicks if I breed him?
A full body colour greywing is a combination of greywing and clearwing, it is not split for clearwing the two mutations are visible together

You could expect some clearwing chicks from pairing a FBC greywing to a clearwing

The reference to dilute in the paragraph you quoted does not mean that the bird is split for dilute. The genotype is expressed dil(cw)/dil(gw) because clearwing & greywing are both part of the dilute group of mutations.

If you don't know Winter's ancestry the only way to find out what mutations he is split for is by breeding results

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.