Talk Budgies Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Member of the Month September 2011
7,747 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Jack I think is a young english budgie. The photo does not express his size but he is massive compared to the others, around 3 times there size and his cap feathers are really puffy.

·
Registered
7,174 Posts
He doesn't look English to me from the pictures, however he could have some English genes from distant ancestery like great aunts, uncles etc that is why it is not showing greatly. Or he could just be big-boned. Budgies come in all sizes and so it is not uncommon for some budgies to be smaller or bigger than the rest :)

·
7,747 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
He doesn't look English to me from the pictures, however he could have some English genes from distant ancestery like great aunts, uncles etc that is why it is not showing greatly. Or he could just be big-boned. Budgies come in all sizes and so it is not uncommon for some budgies to be smaller or bigger than the rest :)
Hmmm thanks :D I think he may have the gene. He is not like a major english budgie I just thought he did look a bit like an english budgie :D

·
Registered
1,484 Posts
It would be great if we could get a photo that shows his entier body. things like tail with could help alot. I have mixed American to English and he looks to me like he is maybe 25% English if not he is just a large American.

·
7,747 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
It would be great if we could get a photo that shows his entier body. things like tail with could help alot. I have mixed American to English and he looks to me like he is maybe 25% English if not he is just a large American.
Hmmm, I would show you a picture if he had a tail but due to Jack having french molt he has not much of a tail :giggle:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.