Talk Budgies Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,080 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

Not thinking about breeding her soon....she's still my baby. Have her for a month now and is probably around 4 months old (noticed an iris ring?) so I might wanna wait till she's at least a year old. But if I were to breed her and have grey and blue babies, what colour should her boyfriend be?

·
Registered
13,388 Posts
Oh my gosh she is beautiful. Her swing is even color coordinated. :)
I'm sorry I'm not good at mutations. But I just have to tell you how gorgeous she is. And you chose the perfect name. :)

·
Registered
1,080 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Then how can I get grey and blue babies if I breed her in the future? What colour should the male be?

·
Member of the Month January 2009
3,676 Posts
To get chicks similar to her you will need to mate her to a blue series bird that has genes for either clearwing or greywing

·
Eternal Love
11,537 Posts
I agree with Nev, also please remove the ribbon wrapped around the swing. If its the plastic stuff they tie at the end of balloons im thinking of it is easily ingested and can cause serious digestive problems even death :)
He is a cutie by the way

·
DEACTIVATED ACCOUNT
16,073 Posts
Yes remove the ribbon that is extremely dangerous to birds it doesn't break if they get caught in it - she can hang her self or get her nails caught in it an loose a nail or toe

Also no breeding at all until you know for sure she's over 1 year old - 18 months is the Best age to breed.

if these are updated pictures she doesn't look more than 2 to 3 1/2 months old

and to be honest she looks like a boy

·
Registered
1,080 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Yes remove the ribbon that is extremely dangerous to birds it doesn't break if they get caught in it - she can hang her self or get her nails caught in it an loose a nail or toe

Also no breeding at all until you know for sure she's over 1 year old - 18 months is the Best age to breed.

if these are updated pictures she doesn't look more than 2 to 3 1/2 months old

and to be honest she looks like a boy
The ribbons are safe...they're not really the way they appear in the picture and Winter doesn't even go there.

To be honest even I think that she is a male. In fact the people at the pet shop said that Winter was a male...but in this forum, many users corrected me and had told me that Winter is a girl because of the white rings around the nostrils, therefore I am still in doubt.

I can describe her behaviour:
  • She screams and chirps loudly when I play music or when she hears wild sparrows chirping outside.
  • She seems a bit hard to tame.
  • She is quite active, playing with her toys.
  • She doesn't seem aggressive...she preens my sideburns, my eyebrows and gently explores my lower lip and my nose with her tongue.

Is this how a female behaves in general?

You can ask any other question about her behaviour...I am new to this so don't know much.

Her cere's colour is hard to describe. It seems like a mixture of purple, blue and pink, with white rings around the nostrils.

·
DEACTIVATED ACCOUNT
16,073 Posts
your describing a male and I am seeing a male ;)
I've been breeding them for several years now :)

and no the ribbon is not safe- its the same stuff people use on Packages to make them look pretty It is not bird safe and he must go to it he's sitting on the swing its wrapped in ;)

·
Registered
1,080 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
your describing a male and I am seeing a male ;)
I've been breeding them for several years now :)

and no the ribbon is not safe- its the same stuff people use on Packages to make them look pretty It is not bird safe and he must go to it he's sitting on the swing its wrapped in ;)
Could you please refer to this new thread I made today with recent pictures and a video? Someone said if she has white rings around the nares then it;s a female....is this true for all cases?

And the swing isn;t wrapped in it, that's why I said it's safe. The ribbons are wrapped by a transparent tape which I made sure doesn't have any sticky side facing up to get her nails trapped....and washed with water too to remove the glue. Only the ribbons curled are not covered by tapes and she doesn't go there.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.