Talk Budgies Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
2014 MEMBER OF THE YEAR
4,205 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
hey guys! I had gone to two trips recently.. and I have some computer problems so I couldn't upload them. Now I am able to do that from another computer :)
One trip was to city of Drama, it's not so far from Thessaloniki (150km NE) This city has amazing parks and one of them is the Agia Varvara Park, a great spot with fountains, small lakes and waterfalls, tavernas, an outdoor theatre and leisure venues.
This is the small park

I loved these

statues

Then we went to Agia Varvara park, it was amazing!

The trees' roots are in the water

small waterfall :)

Duckies! :)

Some weeks later, we went for a guided tour to Meteora. It's a big complex of Orthodox Monasteries. They are built on natural sandstone rock pillars, at the northwestern edge of the Plain of Thessaly in central Greece. The town built under these big rocks is Kalambaka.
Passing through the city of Kalambaka on the way to Meteora- do you see the rocks? :)

Going higher

Seeing these rocks made us chill

We visited 2 monasteries- this is Moni Varlaam

Going to the monastery all the way up

Views from the monastery

I wonder how did the monks build these monasteries up there- most of them are from the 11th century

Really liked that

There were many tourists there like us

Then we went to the second monastery, Moni Agiou Stefanou

Lovely monastery

Unfortunately we were not allowed to take photos in the monasteries.I saw this sign outside the second one

View from the second monastery- city of Kalambaka

I got this picture when we were leaving :)

Then we went to city of Kalambaka :)

The city hall

Then we saw some signs- there was a old byzantine church close to the rocks, so we went to find it

No, it wasn't this church :p

I saw these flowers while going up

There it is :)

views from the church

returning to the bus, I saw an african grey in a restaurant :) he was a sweetheart!

Next stop was city of Trikala, a river passes through the city

It's been a long time since I saw swans! :D

Hope you enjoyed it! :D :wave:

·
Registered
108 Posts
VERY Photo Heavy! :D;) I have to say that they are STUNNING though! As a Nature Photographer I love these. It shows that there are still beauties in this world to discover. I am happy that you were able to see these amazing sites and capture them. Always take Photos... You can NEVER take too many. :photo::proud:

·
Exceptional Service Award Recipient
21,707 Posts
You really got some exquisitely beautiful pics from your latest travels! :D
The scenery is amazing and it's very interesting how the monasteries were build on the top of the rocks.

In my country especially in the north of Portugal most houses on the small older villages are also made from rock.

·
2014 MEMBER OF THE YEAR
4,205 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Me too! Except I don't really like travelling anywhere. :D
No, I really like travelling.. If my finances were better, I would go everywhere! :p

Wow Despina, what beautiful pictures, buildings and scenery. I never cease to be amazed from your pictures how similar the Greek countryside is to parts of Australia.
Thank you Kate! I really loved these trips! Visiting Meteora and Kalambaka was one of the best journeys I've ever had! The views were breathtaking :) Now I really want to see these parts of Australia you're referring so.. pics please! :D

VERY Photo Heavy! :D;) I have to say that they are STUNNING though! As a Nature Photographer I love these. It shows that there are still beauties in this world to discover. I am happy that you were able to see these amazing sites and capture them. Always take Photos... You can NEVER take too many. :photo::proud:
Thank you! I am glad I meet a nature photographer! :) It is a disease, I think that I can't actually admire good sceneries in front of me without taking photos! :p I agree, they are never too many ;)

You really got some exquisitely beautiful pics from your latest travels! :D
The scenery is amazing and it's very interesting how the monasteries were build on the top of the rocks.

In my country especially in the north of Portugal most houses on the small older villages are also made from rock.
Thank you my friend! These sites were so beautiful, I wanted to stay more and more! The monasteries inside them had amazing old religious art but I wasn't allowed to take pics. The monasteries are so old and really isolated! How did they build them? Really? these houses are made of rock? do you have any pictures to share? :)

Totally AWESOME photos, Despina! :wow:

I so love it when you post pictures from your travels :jumping:
It gives me the opportunity to enjoy "visiting" places I will never see in person.
I enjoyed seeing every one of them, thank you! :hug:
Thank you my friend!! :) I had a great time on these trips, I so loved it! and I highly recommend it! I always love to share these pics, whatever amazes me I post it! :D Glad you liked the pics! :hug:

·
2014 MEMBER OF THE YEAR
4,205 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Despina, those pictures are amazing! Your mini-vacations really make my day and put a smile on my face.

Thank you so much for sharing such awesome shots! They are all wonderful and it looks like you had a great time :hug:
Thank you Geneva! I loved these trips! I was very impressed and every moment I felt so nice! :D

I really enjoyed the tour Despina, thank you so much for sharing all this with us my friend...:)
Thank you Randy!! I am happy you liked them, they were 2 of the best trips I've ever had! :)

·
2014 MEMBER OF THE YEAR
4,205 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Beautiful photos Despina. Your photos are always so interesting. I always look forward to seeing your world....
You take great trips and great pictures. I never go anywhere, I have too many animals, so it's nice to visit through your pictures.
Thank you Cody and Lyn! I love it when I can share pictures like that! And I love seeing other members' pics from their travels! Meteora and Drama are amazing destinations, I highly recommend it! :)

·
Member of the Month April 2014
3,537 Posts
Very breathtaking photos you take as always, Despina. When it comes to great outdoor and scenic photos, you have no equal.;) Especially love the photos of the rocky cliffs and I really envy you for frequenting these nice nature trips...and your photos also take us along! BTW, who are the people of those stone statues?:)

1 - 20 of 28 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.