Talk Budgies Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I want another 2 budgies. But I can't. I already have eight birds and my mom (Who's my out-of-home care giver) will KILL me if I so much as think about another bird.

Kijiji has a ton of birds available for adoption in my area, including babies that are going for $10 each. Birds that are being sold because their caregivers (Kids) have lost interest in them. I have the cage space, the food, the cash, the heart, and ....

But I can't. My mom will kill me and I already have 8 birds.

Why must Budgie keeping be so addictive? :001_wub:

·
Administrator
56,568 Posts
My advice to you is to stay away from on-line sites advertising budgies or birds of any type.
Just like with any temptation, avoiding the triggers is for the best.

I refuse to enter pet stores, I shop on-line, and will not look at sites that advertise birds (and, in my case shelties) for sale.

Be strong and you can fight the urges.
:decision::fencing:

·
Super Moderator
18,458 Posts
I agree with FaeryBee above! It's so easy to get addicted to keeping budgies, they are adorable and if you have the monetary funds it can be hard to find a reason not to.

However, there are reasons.

Very important reasons!

The more budgies you have, the less time you can devote to them individually. Additionally, more isn't always better--sometimes it's just more. You wouldn't want the stress of taking care of 10, 12, or 457 budgies to take the fun away from keeping them, would you?

That's more cages to clean, a greater risk of flock dynamics not working out, more vet bills-- it can get overwhelming very quickly.

In many cases, it's so much more refreshing to be devoted to just a few little ones.

Definitely stay away from Kijiji and other similar sites! :nono:

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thank you everybirdy for being the voice of reason!! :D Yeah.... as you can tell I get horribly tempted by Kijiji. It's heart breaking seeing so many unwanted birds. Maybe my heart is bigger than my wallet, LOL!!

Again - thank you for being my voice of reason!!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.